(Academic Impressions Virtual Workshop)
August 6, 2020 | 11:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Eastern Time
Keep your staff and users safe while meeting their most important needs
Join us for a virtual training and dialogue that will offer emerging solutions for ensuring safety measures are met at your libraries. Our panel of expert presenters will share their challenges, successes, and ideas, and you will engage with other leaders across the academic library landscape to brainstorm solutions for your library’s unique context.
- Deirdre Childs, Access Services Manager, West Chester University of Pennsylvania
- Kristin Meyer, User Experience Librarian, Grand Valley State University
- Amy Ward, Associate Dean of Libraries, West Chester University of Pennsylvania
- Growing Successful Open Access Journals, 8 & 9 September – Virtual Classroom
- Selling in a Crisis: Introduction to Sales Management in Scholarly Publishing, 21 & 22 September – Virtual Classroom
- Commissioning Content: Working effectively with authors and editors, 30 September & 1 October – Virtual Classroom
- How Journals Work: A complete introduction, 7 and 20 October – Online Training
- An Introduction to Agile Project Management for Publishing, 19-22 October – Virtual Classroom
- Advanced Journal Development: Strategic development for journal managers, 9 & 10 November – Virtual Classroom
- Understanding Copyright, 11 & 12 November – Virtual Classroom
Theme: The legacy of COVID-19 on scholarly communication
Join us for our 2020 conference which will run over three sessions from 16-18 September, with the AGM and Awards Finalists Session on 8 September. As the conference is virtual, this is a great opportunity for you to encourage all of your colleagues to attend. You will have no hotel or travel costs and we are offering generous group discounts – members can book one place for £100 and any additional places are just £30. Full details are on our website.
Register your place: https://www.alpsp.org/Conference
Keynote: Sherri Aldis
The Sustainable Development Goals: What do they mean for Scholarly Publishing and Research in the COVID-19 world?
We are delighted to welcome Sherri Aldis, Chief of United Publications, as our keynote speaker. Sherri has been at the United Nations for over five years where she oversees the publishing activities and policies of the United Nations and supports the communications priorities and campaigns of the UN, such as the Sustainable Development Goals.
Conference programme can be viewed at: https://www.alpsp.org/2020-ALPSP-Programme