Show us how your library connects with students and faculty beyond library walls!
Librarians are connecting with students and faculty in new and different ways, especially beyond library walls—maybe through a library-sponsored yoga class on the lawn during finals, an online-only career fair, or a debate hosted by the library Twitter account. Show us how you connect with students and faculty beyond your brick-and-mortar walls for your chance to win a trip to the 2019 Charleston Conference.
Tag us on Instagram (@sage_publishing) or Twitter (@SAGE_News) in a picture that shows what your library is doing outside of the library, using #SAGExCharleston2019Contest. (Don’t have either of those platforms or your account is set to private? No worries! Send an email to email@example.com.) In your caption, share a description of the image and the name of your institution.
The contest is open to academic librarians from U.S. and Canada from now through September 9th, 11:59 p.m. PST.
- 1 first-place winner will receive a voucher for registration at the 2019 Charleston Conference as well as $500 for travel-related expenses
- 5 second-place winners will each receive a $50 Amazon gift card
- All 6 winners will have their entry photographs featured in the 2019 Charleston Conference’s photo-desk calendar (for calendar year 2020) which will be given to all conference attendees
See the Terms and Conditions below for more information.
The winners will be chosen based on the following three criteria:
- Ability to depict efforts to connect with patrons outside the library
- Quality of the photo entry
How to Enter:
To enter, tag SAGE in an image on Instagram, Twitter or send an email to SAGE.Contest@sagepub.comwith the following:
- Your name
- Name of the library and higher education institution where you work
- Title of photo (no more than 10 words)
- Description of photo (no more than 40 words)
- Attached photo depicting the answer to the following question: “How does your library connect with students and faculty beyond library walls?”
By following the above guidelines, you agree to the Official Rules. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Limit one entry per person/email address. After the first entry, additional entry submissions will not result in additional entries.
For more information on the Charleston Conference, click here.
Contact (media inquiries only)
- Olivia Butze, PR Associate: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: (+1) 805-410-7653
Tom Gilson. Test Bio