The NCSU Libraries invites applications and nominations for the position of Collections & Research Librarian for Humanities, Social Sciences, & Digital Media in the Collections & Research Strategy department. The department focuses on deep integration with the university community, working closely with faculty and students, and using data and analytics creatively to develop and manage collections aligned with the strengths of the university.
- Leads collaborative collection management in the social sciences and humanities
- Coordinates and manages the portfolio of digital media collections including video, audio, images, games, and streaming content
- Provides expert services for faculty, staff, and students in core and emerging areas of scholarship, such as digital scholarship, digital humanities, and bibliometric analysis
- Serves as liaison with assigned departments, centers, and clusters
- Fosters collaboration and interdisciplinary interactions among faculty and research teams
- Participates in ongoing collection assessment and collection management activities
- Works closely with library colleagues to provide consultation on the use of digital media tools, services, and spaces
Review of applications is underway; position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. See vacancy announcement with application instructions at http://go.ncsu.edu/pjbiy3.
Tom Gilson. Test Bio