infoDOCKET notes that “at the 2018 ALA Midwinter Meeting, the ACRL Leadership Council generated a robust list of suggested action items for the association to consider in conjunction with the development of a new Signature Initiative on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI).
As a follow up to the Midwinter Leadership Council meeting, and to engage the full membership around the initiative, the ACRL Board of Directors earlier this summer invited all members to complete a two-question poll to help shape and prioritize the work of the initiative and 849 ACRL members responded: …”
Citing the Microsoft Academic Blog infoDOCKET reports that “starting in August 2018, you’ll see a significant jump in the number of publications indexed in MAG, to more than 200 million. This is due to our revised approach for citing patents.
Starting now, MAG will provide improved patent coverage thanks to a partnership with domain expert Lens.org…”
Good eReader reports that “Overdrive unveiled a new digital magazine system in June and they launched with 50 titles. The company ironed out a deal with Magzter for their catalog, which seems to be working. Over twenty thousand magazine checkouts have been racked up in the past month and thousands more are occurring every day…”
According to Library Technology Guides ” New York University Libraries, … has announced that Arcadia a charitable fund of Lisbet Rausing and Peter Baldwinhas made a grant of $1.34 million to support Arabic Collections Online, a major project to create an open access, digital library of public-domain Arabic language content.
“New Maps This Month!” provides a list (with metadata and hyperlinks) to all of the digital maps that the G&M Division has posted online last month…”
MORE LIBRARY AND PUBLISHING NEWS FROM A VARIETY OF SOURCE
- Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association (OASPA) to Require Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) Listing For Single-Journal Publishers;
- RedLink upgrades Publisher Dashboard with enhanced product view;
- Ingram Publisher Services announces new illustrated book publishers;
- Data-Planet Opens Up a Universe of Statistics to SAGE;
- UC Berkeley Law goes live on TIND ILS;
- GOBI Library Solutions from EBSCO and ByWater Solutions Partner to Improve Koha Workflows;
- WebMD acquires Benelux’s MediQuality;
- The OA2020-DE and Knowledge Unlatched are Committed to the Quality of Open Access Books;
- Ex Libris Purchases *Research;
- Knowledge Unlatched and National Contact Point Open Access develop quality criteria for OA books;