|Event Date||Topic||Presented By|
|September 12||Negotiation and Cost Containment Strategies for Electronic Resources||George Stachokas|
|September 25||Legal Issues in Licensing Electronic Resources||Tomas A. Lipinski|
|October 3||Licensing Electronic Resources in Library Consortia||Amy Pawlowski|
|October 24||Special Collections Cataloging: Monographs||Melissa De Fino|
|October 31||Special Collections Cataloging: Manuscripts||Heather Perez|
Register by Saturday, September 1, to Save
Register by this Saturday, September 1, to receive the early-bird discount for the 2018 Library Assessment Conference: Building Effective, Sustainable, Practical Assessment, to be held Wednesday–Friday, December 5–7, in Houston, Texas. The preeminent conference in the field with more than 600 registrants, this biennial gathering supports and advances the growing library assessment community through formal presentations, workshops, and informal engagement.
This seventh Library Assessment Conference is co-sponsored by the Association of Research Libraries and the University of Washington Libraries. The University of Houston Libraries and Texas A&M University Libraries will serve as hosts for the event, working with the conference sponsors on local arrangements and meeting planning. The conference is planned and organized by a Steering Committee composed of individuals active in the library assessment community.
The following registration options are available:
- Early-bird registration (through Saturday, September 1): $450
- Registration (after Saturday, September 1): $550
- Graduate student rates: $275 (early-bird); $300 (regular)
- Pre- and post-conference workshop rates: $100 (half day); $180 (full day)
Registration closes Wednesday, November 14, 2018. Register early to secure your space. Create an Ex Ordo account and register online …
Instructor: Carli Spina
Dates: September 3rd through 28th, 2018
Credits: 1.5 CEUs or 15 PDHs
Whether you are designing a new web application or making revisions to an existing site, accessibility is a key part of the process. Given that approximately 1 in 5 people in the U.S. and a total of 1 billion people worldwide have a disability, ensuring that your online presence is usable for those with disabilities and those using assistive devices allows you to expand your audience while ensuring compliance with legal requirements and best practices. In this course, you will learn how to integrate accessibility into your planning, design, and testing processes.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the standards and best practices for web accessibility.
- Gain hands-on experience with accessibility testing tools and techniques.
- Learn how individuals using assistive devices interact with the web.
- Develop strategies for integrating accessibility into their existing design and user testing workflows.
This course can be taken as one of six courses needed to earn our Certificate in User Experience (UX), but can be taken as a stand-alone course as well.
12-14 September, Beaumont Estate, Old Windsor, UK
Joining us for the full ALPSP annual conference is the ideal way to keep up with friends and trends in scholarly publishing. But, if your schedule doesn’t allow this don’t forget you can still join us for a full day’s learning and networking to taste of the #alpsp18 experience. Whether you join us for one day or three – we’ll make sure your time is well spent.
* Full day registration, Thursday 13 September – a jam-packed day of plenaries and parallel sessions to keep you updated on our key themes of Openness and Policy, Business and Technology, Researchers and Ethics. Register for this day here: https://events.bizzabo.com/alpsp18/page/1335085/register
* Conference Dinner, Thursday 13 September – pre-dinner drinks followed by a three course, sit down dinner with wine (sponsored by Atypon Includes the announcement of our 2018 ALPSP Awards for Innovation winner(s) (sponsored by MPS and the ALPSP quiz. Contact Sabia Morrison : mailto:email@example.com?subject=Awards Dinner Booking
Registration closes for all bookings on Friday 31 August…
Tom Gilson. Test Bio