Support Student Research with the Latest GOBI Collections Focused on In-Demand Topic Areas; *Yale University’s Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library Acquires Clumber Park Chartier; Digital Version Online; *A Discussion About Open Access Publishing Airs on North Carolina Public Radio; *DPLA Provides New Primary Source Sets; and *Funding for scientific research marks new Canadian federal budget plus more library and publishing news from a variety of sources.
“The GOBI Undergraduate Curriculum Collections are updated twice a year by EBSCO collection librarians and reviewed in conjunction with GOBI’s profiling categories. These focused frontlist titles cover popular academic subject areas to enhance research and enable students to find key resources in their area of study…”
- Yale University’s Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library Acquires Clumber Park Chartier; Digital Version Online
According to infoDOCKET “The Beinecke Library recently acquired the Clumber Park Chartier, considered the finest illustrated manuscript of Alain Chartier (c. 1386-c. 1430), one of the most influential poets of the later Middle Ages. The manuscript, made in France circa 1455-1460 and circa 1475, is available for research by scholars and students at the library. The complete work has also been digitized and can be viewed on the Beinecke digital library…”
Information Today reports that “the Digital Public Library of America (DPLA) rolled out 21 new Primary Source Sets, which give libraries, archives, and museums access to resources that are classroom-ready for secondary school and higher education students and teachers. New topics explore women’s history, African-American history, and migration experiences, among others. Each set has a topic overview, 10–15 primary sources, discussion questions, and classroom activities. The new sets were developed in collaboration with DPLA’s Education Advisory Committee.
More library and publishing news from a variety of sources
- Emerald wins ProQuest IPG 2018 Academic & Professional Publisher of the Year Award
- Wiley Online Library is migrating to a new platform;
- Two SAGE Publishing journals win 2018 PROSE Awards;
- TUBITAK ULAKBIM and JSTOR Announce National Agreement;
- Support Student Research with the Latest GOBI Collections Focused on In-Demand Topic Areas;
- Institution of Engineering and Technology launches new, gold open access engineering journal – IET Smart Grid;
- Wiener Neustadt libraries are first in Austria to go live with OCLC WorldShare Management Services;
- Max-Planck-Gesellschaft and IOP Publishing announce new pilot agreement to help grow the society’s participation in OA publishing;
- Danish Medical Association and Cardiff University Press to preserve OA e-journals with Portico;
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences to move flagship journal Environmental Health Perspectives to Atypon’s Literatum online publishing platform.
Tom Gilson. Test Bio