Professional Growth & Development Opportunities
- NISO (multiple events);
- ARL & ACRL
- Center for Research Libraries
- North Carolina Serials Conference;
- OpenAthens Conference 2018
- NISO at ALA Midwinter
- Sara Newell, Senior Product Analyst, OCLC,
- Jeremy Nelson, Metadata and Systems Librarian, Colorado College;
- Nettie Lagace, Associate Director, Programs, NISO;
- Geoffrey Morse, Research Services Manager, Northwestern University;
- Linda Wobbe, eJournal Relations Manager, SCELC;
- Todd Carpenter, Executive Director, NISO
- Todd Carpenter, Executive Director, NISO;
- Harish Maringanti, Associate Dean, IT and Digital Library Services, University of Utah;
- Jeff Kuntzman, Head, Library IT, University of Colorado – Denver.
This session is open to all registered attendees of the ALA Midwinter event. Include it in your ALA Scheduler!
- The Evolving Natures of Reference Work and Reference Product (NISO Webinar)
Wednesday, February 7, 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
In an age when rapid reference inquiries may be handled through a mobile phone and a search engine, reference work in the library must change and expand. How is that unfolding? What are the new expectations of the information products once referred to as major reference works – those comprehensive or subject-specific encyclopedias and indexes that served library professional and patron? How are librarians combining free and subscription resources? This webinar will examine a variety of approaches to enhanced service…
When: Thursday, May 10, 2018 8:00AM to Friday, May 11, 2018 5:00PM
Where: Marquette Hotel, 710 S Marquette Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55402
The Association of Research Libraries (ARL) and the Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL) are offering a symposium to increase understanding and capacity among academic and research library professionals for creating healthy organizations with diverse, equitable, and inclusive climates. The Symposium for Strategic Leadership in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion will be held May 10–11, 2018, at the the Marquette Hotel in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with a pre-conference on May 9.
CRL staff members will report on and gather input for CRL programs at this year’s American Library Association’s Midwinter meeting in Denver, CO, February 9-13. Several CRL-related events will take place, including the PAN Forum and a panel discussion hosted by the LITA/ALCTS Electronic Resources Management Interest Group where Christine Stamison, Director of NERL, will participate as a panelist.
Hosted by North Carolina Central University’s School of Library and Information Sciences, the conference will be held on Friday, April 6, 2018 at the William and Ida Friday Center for Continuing Education in Chapel Hill, NC.
The 2018 conference theme is Blazing a New Path: Diversity, Collaboration, and Innovation.
Registration is now open and will close on March 23, 2018. Please note: there will be no on-site registration. To register, please visit the conference website.
Taking place at the British Library, London on 22 March 2018, this year’s conference theme is ‘Championing the User’. Topics range from user-centred design and measuring user access and engagement to data protection, security and piracy. There will be a mixture of keynotes, panel discussions, technical clinics and case studies:
- Panel session: Has federated access management failed the end user?
- Case studies including: Torbay & South Devon NHS Foundation Trust and University of Leeds
- Plenaries from: British Library, The Publishers Association, OpenID Connect and more
Tom Gilson. Test Bio