ATG Media is pleased to announce the first ever recipients for the Up and Comers award. This award is intended for librarians, library staff, vendors, publishers, MLIS students, instructors, consultants, and researchers who are new to their field or are in the early years of the profession. Up and Comers are passionate about the future of libraries. They innovate, inspire, collaborate, and take risks. They are future library leaders and change makers, and we are excited to celebrate them with this award.
The 2017 ATG Media Up & Comers are:
- Ethan Cutler, Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine
- Katrina Spencer, Middlebury College
- Anna Boutin, MIT Libraries
- Shaun R. Bennett, North Carolina State University Libraries
- Inga Haugen, Virginia Tech
- Kiyomi Diane Deards, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Sarah (Crissinger) Hare, Indiana University
- Heather Howard, Purdue University
- Amanda Lowe, University at Albany Libraries
- Maoria J. Kirker, George Mason University Libraries
- Jennifer Thoegersen, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Katherine “Kate” Hill, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Kelly Durkin Ruth, Los Alamos National Laboratory Research Library
- Katelyn Angell, Long Island University-Brooklyn
- Wendy Hagenmaier, Georgia Tech Library
- Hailley Fargo, Penn State University Library
- Michael Rodriguez, University of Connecticut
- Charlie Bennett, Georgia Tech Library
- Katy Kavanagh Webb, East Carolina University
- Katherine Mika, Ernst Mayr Library of the Museum of Comparative Zoology
“I’m thrilled to see all the accomplishments and innovations displayed by our award winners,” says Leah Hinds, Executive Director of the Charleston Conference. “This was a fantastic idea spearheaded by Erin Gallagher of Reed College Library, one of our Conference Directors. Thanks to Erin for all of her hard work to make this happen!”
“There are so many early-career librarians and information professionals out there doing inventive and transformative work. They’re setting the stage for the future of our profession, and we’re pleased and honored to celebrate their achievements. I can’t wait to meet them in Charleston!”, says Erin Gallagher, Director of Collection Services at Reed College.
The 2017 Up and Comers will be recognized in the December/January issue of Against the Grain, and 20 of these brilliant rising stars will be profiled in the same issue, and they will be featured in a series of scheduled podcast interviews. We will also recognize the award winners at the Charleston Conference First Time Attendee Reception on Tuesday, November 7, at 7:00 pm. If you’re attending the conference, stop by to say hello and congratulations!
About ATG Media: ATG Media is a new umbrella group that includes the Charleston Conference, Against the Grain, and a new series of short, open access ebooks titled “Charleston Briefings: Trending Topics for Information Professionals.” ATG Media is a wholly owned subsidiary of ATG, LLC.
About the Charleston Conference: The Charleston Conference is an informal annual gathering of librarians, publishers, electronic resource managers, consultants, and vendors of library materials in Charleston, SC, in November, to discuss issues of importance to them all. It is designed to be a collegial gathering of individuals from different areas who discuss the same issues in a non-threatening, friendly, and highly informal environment.
Tom Gilson. Test Bio