Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) Releases FY 2017 Annual Report; *Watch Librarian of Congress, Dr. Carla Hayden & Katherine Maher, CEO of Wikimedia, Deliver Keynotes at the OCLC Americas Regional Council Meeting (ARC17); *ALA signs trade policy principles; *Standardized Statistical Measures and Metrics for Public Services in Archival Repositories and Special Collections Libraries; *Clarivate Analytics releases 2017 Highly Cited Researchers List; and *Data Conversion Laboratory and Bowker’s 4th Annual Digital Publishing Survey shows conversion quality and accuracy remains at the top of publisher concerns plus more library and publishing news from a variety of sources
infoDOCKET reports that the Institute for Museum and Library Services has released “the agency’s annual Performance and Accountability Report (PAR), showcasing key accomplishments for FY 2017. As required by the Office of Management and Budget, the report includes an independent financial audit and describes the agency activities and achievements from October 1, 2016 to September 30, 2017, including a focus on helping museums and libraries deepen their engagement with their communities…”
- Watch Librarian of Congress, Dr. Carla Hayden & Katherine Maher, CEO of Wikimedia, Deliver Keynotes at the OCLC Americas Regional Council Meeting (ARC17)
infoDOCKET also provides links to Dr. Carla Hayden, Librarian of Congress and Katherine Maher, CEO of Wikimedia delivering keynote addresses at the OCLC Americas Regional Council (ARC) meeting (ARC17) in Baltimore on October 30, 2017.
See Also: Complete ARC 17 Meeting Schedule
According to District Dispatch “ALA signed the Washington Principles on Copyright Balance in Trade Agreements, joining over 70 international copyright experts, think tanks and public interest groups. The Principles address the need for balanced copyright policy in trade agreements…”
- Standardized Statistical Measures and Metrics for Public Services in Archival Repositories and Special Collections Libraries
ACRL Insider reports that “the ACRL Board of Directors has approved new Standardized Statistical Measures and Metrics for Public Services in Archival Repositories and Special Collections Libraries. In order to support increasing demands on archival repositories and special collections libraries to demonstrate the value they provide their constituencies, archivists and special collections librarians have become increasingly mindful of the need to gather, analyze, and share evidence concerning the impact of their services and the effectiveness of their operations…”
KnowledgeSpeak reports that “Clarivate Analytics, … has released its annual Highly Cited Researchers list. The citation analysis identifies the most frequently cited researchers as determined by the extent to which their papers have supported, influenced, inspired and challenged other researchers around the globe.
- Data Conversion Laboratory and Bowker’s 4th Annual Digital Publishing Survey shows conversion quality and accuracy remains at the top of publisher concerns
KnowledgeSpeak also notes that “the Fourth Annual Digital Publishing Survey fielded by Data Conversion Laboratory, Inc. (DCL) and Bowker attracted over 1000 publishing professionals and the results reveal consistent trends – most notably that content quality and accuracy after a digital conversion are still top concerns. The survey probes publishing professionals with questions designed to harvest insights across a host of important topics in publishing, including the various digital formats publishers use, the quality of eBooks, conversion concerns, and much more…”
More library and publishing news from a variety of sources
- MOBIUS Launches MOBIUS Open Source Solutions;
- Odilo provides ISO CERTIFIED environment to manage and preserve digital content;
- Springer Nature acquires e-learning provider iversity;
- OAPEN Library Reaches Five Million Downloads;
- Innovative solution offers significant benefits for Idaho State University;
- Center for Open Science Launches MarXiv Preprint Service;
- Elsevier announces winner of the 2017 Semantic Web Challenge;
- Wolters Kluwer’s Lippincott Journals recognised for Excellence in Editorial and Digital Media;
- BMJ Learning partners with Think Associates;
- Crossref announces new Metadata APIs ‘Plus’ service from January 2018;
- Swiss National Library Chooses Ex Libris Alma and Primo;
- Springer Nature launches new Grand Challenges publishing programme.