Title: Marketing Your Library’s Electronic Resources, 2nd Edition A how-to-do-it manual for librarians
Authors: Marie R. Kennedy and Cheryl LaGuardia
Paperback: ISBN: 9781783302673, $65
Imprint: Chicago: ALA Neal-Schuman. 2017
When front line librarians improve awareness of under-utilized resources, thereby increasing demand for more of the same, it can also encourage increased funding for the library. The authors’ evidence-based approach to effectively promoting electronic resources made the previous edition of this guide a bestseller. Newly expanded and updated, this manual shows library marketing staff how to get the job done from beginning to end and in a variety of library settings. Comprehensive yet to the point, this book includes
- seven complete programs from both public and academic libraries;
- an examination of the e-resource life cycle;
- cutting edge guidance on COUNTER usage reports and other web analytics;
- advice on making the most of marketing opportunities from learning management systems, discovery services, LibGuides, and more;
- a step-by-step organization guide, with a variety of feedback and assessment forms which can be used as models; and
- numerous examples of well-executed plans and outcomes.
This book’s flexible, step-by-step layout makes it an ideal resource for a wide range of learning styles, institutional environments, and levels of marketing experience.
Tom Gilson. Test Bio