Product Manager, Content – Yewno, Redwood, CA
Yewno is an emerging high-tech company based in Silicon Valley, focused on an innovative platform that provides insights and answers to the complexity of ever-growing information. We are an accomplished team of alums from top universities and industry leaders, and our managers have track records of billion-dollar exits.
The company has successfully launched a portfolio of products and services, including an intelligent framework based on a stack of Artificial Intelligence algorithms that digest a multitude of data sources, both structured and unstructured, and extract financial, economic, political and social indicators, alongside the semantic explanatory rationale describing any given event. Such a portfolio of services gives influential decision makers, researchers and analysts a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information. Yewno has a range of customers in the education sector including some of the top research institutions across the US, UK and Europe.
We offer a fun working environment with sharp, motivated colleagues, and great benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Company-covered healthcare
- Unlimited vacation policy
We are looking for a detail-obsessed product manager to manage our ever increasing content set currently with over 100 million documents, and grow strategically into areas which enhance our user experience and demonstrate the uniqueness of our technology. You will have plenty of authority over the content architecture, and the ability to shape our roadmap.
At Yewno we value progress over process. We are looking for a talented individual with experience in product management, digital content management, publishing, and a strong technical understanding. You will:
- Be the primary interface and forge relationships between education institutions, publishers, business development and engineering for all things content
- Strategize and curate the growth of our curated content set into the billions
- Develop our publisher analytics product, which offers truly unique insight into our partner’s content
- Work with all internal and external stakeholders to set standards and workflow for content ingestion, which promote scalability and smart publishing practices
- Define and improve specifications and database schemas as we grow our content in volume and diversity
- Reconcile and analyze incoming content and ingested data to ensure cleanness, correctness and specification compliance
- Monitor and report on content holdings and ingestion status to highlight progress, patterns and errors
- Build understanding of competitive landscape to assess our market share, growth rate, strengths and weaknesses
- Ability to understand, forecast and translate customer needs into business and technical requirements
- Own and update all content-related documentation
You will be a good fit if you have…
- A real interest and demonstrated experience in all types of content: structured metadata, unstructured text, images, video, audio, etc.
- Experience managing content and workflow within the academic or publishing industries
- Understanding of how to architect different content formats within file systems and databases by applying naming and organization best practices including ingestion’s process
- Demonstrated experience diving into relational and NoSQL databases and working with various file formats, such as XML, JSON and CSV
- Familiarity with web content crawling
- Experience building content search and management products, or publisher/aggregator technology platforms
- Familiarity with image-based or text-based digital repositories, such as CONTENTdm and Digital Commons
- Understanding of copyright law
- Familiarity with publisher and library technology standards and protocols, such as MODS, MARC and Open Access indicators
- Desire for autonomy, exhibiting high degree of ownership and accountability
- 3+ years of product management or similar experience
- Degree in MLIS, Information Science, Digital Asset Management or related fields preferred
- Ability to occasionally travel internationally
Questions we may ask…
- How would you design a metadata schema for a new content format?
- Who is competing with Yewno?
- What are the top 3 challenges in managing content for a product like Google Scholar?
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are interested in applying please send your CV to email@example.com
Tom Gilson. Test Bio