Electronic Resources & Serials Librarian – Rollins College
Winter Park, Florida
The Olin Library at Rollins College is seeking an Electronic Resources & Serials Librarian to negotiate and manage contracts and licenses for electronic resources and subscriptions across formats,
and manage related data in support of the Olin Library’s collections. This is a tenure-track faculty position. Librarians enjoy faculty status at Rollins College and are expected to show a pattern of growth and development in librarianship, teaching, scholarship and service.
- MLIS from an ALA-accredited library school or equivalent
- Experience in an academic library, managing electronic resources and serials, including the use of electronic resource management systems
- Appreciation for the liberal arts and the role of the library in higher education
- Potential to present, publish or otherwise contribute to the library profession
- Ability to collect, manage, analyze and communicate numerical information accurately and clearly
- Knowledge of scholarly publishing, open access and licensing trends in academic libraries, including ability to liaise with library vendors
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with electronic and web-based resources and systems
- Ability to manage and lead change in a rapidly developing library environment
- Enthusiasm for teaching and experience with information literacy instruction with groups and individuals
- A recipient of the 2013 ACRL Excellence in Academic Libraries Award, Olin Library is a successful early adopter of technologies, such as Alma/Primo and GreenGlass. The collaborative and service-oriented Olin Library has been nationally recognized for its intentional and extensive integration into the campus community, as well as its academic programs. Located in the heart of a vibrant, 70-acre lakefront campus featuring distinctive Spanish Mediterranean-style architecture and Florida sunshine, the Olin Library serves as a key component in the intellectual life of Rollins College. Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to equal opportunity, social justice and diversity as both a college and a workplace.
Founded in 1885, Rollins College is a highly selective, comprehensive liberal arts college with approximately 3,200 students in diverse degree programs at both the undergraduate and graduate level. The campus, noted for its lakefront beauty and unique location, is set in the residential community of Winter Park, just 15 minutes from one of the nation’s most dynamic urban centers, Orlando. Rollins is Florida’s oldest recognized college. For the 20th consecutive year, U.S. News & World Report has ranked Rollins among the top two regional universities in the South and first in Florida in its annual ranking of “America’s Best Colleges.”
Rollins College offers a generous benefits package featuring comprehensive health coverage, retirement savings plan with generous employer contribution, and full tuition waiver after one year for employees, spouses, domestic partners and dependents. Interested candidates may apply online through the Rollins College employment website.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Tom Gilson. Test Bio