EBSCO releases Serial Price Projection for 2017 *Progress Update on ACRL Action-Oriented Research Agenda on Library Contributions to Student Learning and Success; *Museum of Modern Art Releases “Extensive” Digital Archive Online, Underlying Data Made Available on Github; *OECD’s “Education at a Glance 2016″ Now Available Online (International Education Indicators, Trends); *Nominations for 2017 American Publishers Awards for Professional and Scholarly Excellence open through October 31; and *Elsevier wins Illustrated Book Award and six first prizes at 2016 BMA Medical Book Awards; plus more library and publishing news from a variety of sources.
Library Technology Guides reports that “according to the 2017 Serials Price Projection Report from EBSCO Information Services, the overall effective publisher price increases for academic/medical libraries are expected to be the range of 5 to 6 percent (before currency impact). EBSCO bases the information in the Serials Price Projection Report on surveys of a wide range of publishers and reviews of historical serials pricing data to assist information professionals as they make budgeting decisions for renewals season…”
infoDOCKET has collected and posted a variety of reports, videos, and other resources related to the historic swearing-in of Carla Hayden, the first women as well as the first African-American to be nominated and confirmed as the Librarian of Congress.
- Progress Update on ACRL Action-Oriented Research Agenda on Library Contributions to Student Learning and Success
ACRL Insider reports that “the team from OCLC Research – which ACRL selected to design, develop, and deliver a new ACRL “Action-Oriented Research Agenda on Library Contributions to Student Learning and Success” – has recently submitted a progress report to the ACRL Board of Directors. The report details how the project team conducted a literature search in academic library journals and conference proceedings for scholarly and practice-based literature that addresses library contributions to student learning and success…”
- Museum of Modern Art Releases “Extensive” Digital Archive Online, Underlying Data Made Available on Github
According to infoDOCKET “the Museum of Modern Art announces the release of an extensive digital archive accessible to historians, students, artists, and anyone concerned with modern and contemporary art: a comprehensive account of the Museum’s exhibitions from its founding, in 1929, to today.
This new digital archive, which will continue to grow as materials become available, is now accessible on MoMA’s website, at moma.org/history.…”
- OECD’s “Education at a Glance 2016″ Now Available Online (International Education Indicators, Trends)
Education at a Glance is the authoritative source for information on the state of education around the world. It provides key information on the output of educational institutions; the impact of learning across countries; the financial and human resources invested in education; access, participation and progression in education; and the learning environment and organisation of schools…”
- Nominations for 2017 American Publishers Awards for Professional and Scholarly Excellence open through October 31
KnowledgeSpeak notes that “The 2017 American Publishers Awards for Professional and Scholarly Excellence Awards (PROSE) is accepting entries for outstanding scholarly material through October 31. Presented by the Association of American Publishers (AAP) Professional and Scholarly Publishing (PSP) Division, the awards recognise works of great merit that add groundbreaking knowledge to the arts, humanities and sciences…”
Also according to KnowledgeSpeak “Elsevier has announced that 32 of its professional and scholarly products were honored at the British Medical Association’s annual BMA Medical Book Awards ceremony at BMA House in London on September 7, 2016. This year, publishers submitted more than 600 products. Twenty first prizes and numerous Highly Commended prizes were awarded.
More library and publishing news from a variety of sources
- CCAHA announces partnership with LYRASIS
- Research Impact Tracking from Scholarly Blog Posts Expands with Partnership Between Plum™ Analytics and ACI Information Group
- Historic Environment Scotland – Arainneachd Eachdraidheil Alba – implement the Koha open source library management, hosted and supported by PTFS Europe.;
- WIPO Translate Now Available For Bibliographic Data and Long Japanese and French Documents
- SA ePublications – breadth and depth of African-rich content;
- ProQuest selected by Russian Ministry of Education and Science;
- Elsevier launches QUOSA PV to help pharma companies improve literature monitoring for pharmacovigilance;
- Informa to acquire Penton for $1.56 billion;
- Digital Science and University of the Arctic partner to provide new research insights for the Arctic region;