Professional Career Opportunities at:
- Collaborative Solutions Maryland;
- University of Florida;
- University of Connecticut;
- Queens College Library/CUNY, NY;
- University of Georgia;
- University of Wisconsin – Madison (Electronic Resources Acquisitions);
- University of Wisconsin – Madison (Special Collections and Archives);
- U.S. Government Publishing Office (2 positions);
- Georgia State University;
- Illinois College;
- George Mason University (Search Reopened);
- Trinity College, Hartford, CT;
- Virginia Tech University (Two Positions);
- Ohio State University;
- Stanford University;
- University of Utah;
- State University of New York at Oswego;
Collaborative Solutions Maryland (CSM) seeks a very experienced and knowledgeable contractor to perform consortium acquisitions & licensing for the University System of Maryland & Affiliated Institutions (USMAI) Library Consortium. Collaborative Solutions Maryland (CSM) will award an annually renewable contract with the possibility of extending the contract up to five years… The contractor will be expected to work closely with assigned consortium committees, and with representatives of USMAI’s sixteen member libraries. Scope of responsibilities includes coordination with assigned USMAI committees on all aspects of the acquisitions, licensing, and evaluation of those electronic information resources which are shared by all member libraries of USMAI…”
“The George A. Smathers Libraries, University of Florida, seeks applications and nominations for the position of Chair for Cataloging and Discovery Services. The department provides descriptions for and access to materials and resources held at the University of Florida in all formats and subjects, including unique and cultural heritage collections. The department actively supports the digital publishing and data curation programs of the Smathers Libraries.
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Discovery and Access, the Chair for Cataloging and Discovery Services is a tenure track library faculty position which provides leadership, strategic vision and direction for fully integrating emerging metadata standards and linked data technologies into academic library cataloging practices…”
“The Head of Metadata & Discovery Services is a newly created leadership position serving the UConn Library system, … Based at the main UConn campus at Storrs and under the general direction of the Associate University Librarian for Collections & Discovery, the Head of Metadata & Discovery Services envisions, leads, and actively participates in strategies to maintain, enhance, and positively transform the UConn Library’s systems for managing collections and powering discovery. This position is responsible for managing and supervising the Metadata & Discovery Services Unit and providing leadership for the metadata-focused work that occurs across the UConn Library system. Concurrently, the position deeply engages in the work of implementing, administering, and coordinating systems across the UConn Library, including the Library’s Alma library management system…”
“Queens College Library/CUNY seeks an E-Resources Librarian. The E-Resources Librarian effectively coordinates and leads e-resources activities which include management, budgeting, policy development, statistical and qualitative reporting and improvement in a high-tech multi-disciplinary library. Works collaboratively to advance the Libraries’ teaching and learning activities in support of Queens College’s curriculum, through the effective integration of e-resources into the website of the Queens College Libraries, and the promotion of the effective use of e-resources to all college users…”
“The University of Georgia seeks a Digital Library of Georgia Project Manager who will be responsible to the Director of the Digital Library of Georgia (DLG) for managing all aspects of assigned digital projects and supporting the DLG’s participation in the Digital Public Library of America (DPLA). Duties also include overseeing the creation, management, and maintenance of digital resources and metadata for the DLG…”
“Official Title: SR ACAD LIBRARIAN(R04BN) or ACADEMIC LIBRARIAN(R04DN)
Degree and area of specialization:
MS/MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible professional experience acquiring, licensing, managing and providing access to electronic resources
- Experience working in an acquisitions module of an ILS
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, exercise flexibility in meeting objectives, and effectively manage multiple projects and assignments
- Knowledge of current issues, standards, and technologies related to acquiring, licensing and managing scholarly electronic resources…”
“Official Title: ASST DIR, LIBR/L(L12LL)
Degree and area of specialization:
Master’s degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association or equivalent association/organization; or a graduate degree in a relevant discipline.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- Minimum of four years of progressively responsible experience in managing or leading special collections or archives services and operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of key issues and trends in special collections or archives in research libraries.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and assess innovative and progressive services and programs that advance the mission of special collections or archives within the framework of an organization’s strategic plan…”
- Librarian (Outreach) – U.S. Government Publishing Office (2 positions)
“The U.S. Government Publishing Office (GPO) has two vacancies for the position of Outreach Librarian in Library Services and Content Management’s Office of Outreach & Support. This professional librarian position involves planning for and providing education, training, condition assessments, consultation, and customer services for libraries participating in the Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP). View the full announcement, and apply by June 15, 2016…”
“Georgia State University Library seeks a … Digital Scholarship Librarian skilled at using technology to support interdisciplinary digital projects in a wide array of subject areas, including but not limited to the digital humanities. The Digital Scholarship Librarian will be engaged in the exploration of new forms of online scholarship, and in partnering with scholars on the development, implementation, assessment, enhancement and maintenance of sustainable digital projects…”
“llinois College’s Schewe Library invites applications for a full-time, permanent position as a Digital Services Librarian.
The Digital Services Librarian will manage the library’s digital resources in order that faculty, students, and staff can leverage the full suite of library resources available to them. In particular, the Digital Services Librarian will devote a significant portion of their time to managing the library’s databases, integrated library system, and website. Additionally, the Digital Services Librarian will be an active collaborator in the library’s instructional programs, and will help develop scholarly publishing and digital humanities pedagogy…”
…Reporting to the Associate Director for Learning Services, the Instructional Design Librarian will serve as a member of the Learning Services unit and will work closely with other online learning specialists in the unit to continue in the development of a vision for the online learning program and collaborate with others to operationalize that vision. In addition, this position will be responsible for contributing to and leading strategic efforts for creating impactful, meaningful, and inclusive learning opportunities in support of the Libraries’ undergraduate education program. To view the full position announcement, including required qualifications, please visit https://listings.jobs.vt.edu/
- …Reporting to the Associate Director for Learning Services, the Educational Content Developer will serve as a member of the Learning Services unit and will work closely with other online learning specialists in the unit to continue in the development of a vision for the online learning program and collaborate with others to operationalize that vision. In addition, this position will be responsible for contributing to and leading strategic efforts for creating and marketing the online learning platform and other learning objects for integration in courses in the Canvas Learning Management system or on other web-based platforms.To view the full position announcement, including required qualifications, please visit https://listings.jobs.vt.edu/
The Mountain West Digital Library (MWDL) seeks an energetic, visionary, innovative, and accomplished professional for the position of Program Director. This is an excellent opportunity to work with collaborative and enthusiastic colleagues across the Mountain West to maintain and improve access to unique and rare materials from libraries and other memory institutions. MWDL serves the Mountain West region as a Service Hub for the Digital Public Library of America, and it aggregates metadata from partnering libraries, museums, and archives in six states for sharing both regionally via the MWDL portal at http://mwdl.org/ and nationally via the DPLA portal at http://dp.la/.
Posting Date: June 1, 2016
Review Date: Review of applications will begin June 13, 2016, and will continue until the position is filled…
Description of Responsibilities:
· Assist the college community in using library collections and technologies, and provide basic and in-depth research services in person, by telephone, email, and through real-time chat.
· Teach information literacy and multimedia creation classes, and develop relevant teaching aids.
· Select and review library resources in the assigned subject area…”