Product Usage Manager – SAGE
Interested in growing your digital product expertise in a Higher Ed or Academic Library environment? Looking to make an impact for students’ online research experiences? Want to help grow user engagement and web traffic to cutting-edge academic websites?
The Product Usage Manager is responsible for delivering solutions and recommendations that exponentially increase the discoverability and usage of SAGE’s library and journals content.
The candidate must be able to build knowledge and skill on emerging academic technologies, best practices and trends to deliver solutions that increase SAGE’s place within the scholarly value chains and develops the greater understanding of discovery, access to other SAGE colleagues.
As the Product Usage Manager, this role will act as SAGE’s champion for product usage data analysis across all OPT products by leading the installation and governance of web traffic software, and the mastery of efficient and effective use of web analytics, COUNTER, and other product usage metrics. This role will manage the day-to-day maintenance, new installations, and ongoing enhancements to our use of Google Analytics, Moz, and other web analytics tools; and this role will lead on the proper application of all product usage metrics to drive business decisions. In partnership with Product Managers, this role will analyze, parse, and report on product traffic data to help determine user trends and journeys through our sites and the overall health of our products. This position will lead on web traffic benchmarks and KPI exercises, usage data visualization and interactive dashboards, reader pathway analysis, and other innovative approaches to making the most of product usage metrics for improved business intelligence within OPT’s product lines.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Two years of working experience in any of the following areas: Library Discovery Vendors, Academic Publishers who sell to Library Customers, Academic Library in Higher Education, Google Analytics
- An understanding of relational databases, search engines, data architectures is preferred. (though no need formal training in computer science)
- Statistical data analysis or web analytics training preferred
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills — in particular, translating web analytics into clear business objectives and leveraging performance metrics for proven return on corporate investment in product development
SAGE offers one of the most competitive benefits packages in the industry with PPO medical/dental/vision insurance provided at an extremely low cost to the employee; a profit sharing 401(k) plan; healthy lifestyle reimbursement, company-paid 5-year anniversary trips to London, Singapore or Delhi; employee tuition reimbursement; textbook reimbursement for employee or family members; an on-site professional development learning forum; and much more.
Qualified applicants should present their resume, cover letter and salary history for consideration to our website at www.sagepublications.com/careers for more information.