The College of Charleston Libraries seek a detailed-oriented individual for the position of Acquisitions and Electronic Resources Manager. This is a full time staff position reporting to the Assistant Dean of Technical Services and Collection Development. Key responsibilities include
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures for the library’s acquisitions and electronic resources management program.
- Coordinating the ordering and order record creation of $2.7 million library materials budget in all formats.
- Working with Collection Development Committee to determine acquisition schedule and ensure appropriate titles and formats are acquired.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with vendors, publishers, aggregators, library consortia.
- Providing Gobi training for all new library liaisons and offers Gobi assistance whenever necessary
- Administering and maintaining e-book and streaming media demand driven acquisitions and the shelf-ready book and DVD
- Compiling and maintaining acquisitions data in the form of statistics, reports, spreadsheets, etc. Tracking expenditures for 80+ departments throughout the year and ensures compliance with fiscal and College purchasing regulations and rules
A bachelor’s degree and at least one year experience in a library department. Candidates with an equivalent combination of experience and/or education are encouraged to apply.
For the complete job posting and to apply
About the College
Located in the heart of historic downtown Charleston, South Carolina, the College of Charleston is a nationally recognized, public, liberal arts and sciences university. Distinguished by a small-college feel combined with the advantages and diversity of an urban, mid-sized university, the College serves a student body from its geographical area and also attracts diverse students from national and international communities. Our faculty and staff are dedicated to providing a superior-quality undergraduate and graduate experience that meets society’s growing educational demands.
About the Libraries
The College of Charleston Libraries are comprised of the Marlene and Nathan Addlestone Library, the Avery Research Center for African American History and Culture, the John Rivers Communications Museum, the Marine Resources Library, and the North Campus Library. The combined annual budgets exceed $6 million with a team of 50 librarians and staff.
The College of Charleston is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or disability.
Tom Gilson. Test Bio