Professional Career Opportunities at:
- Georgetown University
- University of Oklahoma, Norman
- Rice University
- Del Mar College, Corpus Christi, TX
- Charleston Southern University
The System Librarian leads, administers, maintains, and supports the Library’s Integrated Library System (currently Innovative Interfaces Inc.’s (III) Sierra) hardware, software and associated peripherals which makeup the Library’s primary ILS so that faculty, students and staff have access to the full range of system functionality including online public access catalog, Circulation, Acquisitions, Cataloging and Serials and other ILS modules. This position is responsible for managing and supporting the Library’s suite of information management systems related to the ILS, which currently include Summon. Act as liaison between the vendor (currently III) and the Library for problem resolution and enhancement requests and act as Library’s representative to the national user group. Provide end user support in the form of report production and distribution, database maintenance and system modifications as required.
This position Creports to the Head of Library Information Technology. The position works closely with several key staff members from all departments in the library and several departments on campus to ensure that the integrity of the ILS and its data are maintained.
Link to full job ad and to apply: https://jobs.georgetown.edu/PD.php?posNo=20141111
The University of Oklahoma Libraries seeks a Digital Scholarship Specialist for a newly created position. The Digital Scholarship Specialist will establish and grow a dynamic, multi-faceted program that addresses the growing demand for digital arts and humanities support on campus. Working with arts and humanities scholars, faculty and students, the Digital Scholarship Specialist will foster successful adoption and application of the digital arts and humanities approaches to research, teaching, and learning…
Applicant screening to begin immediately; search will remain open until filled. For complete information and to apply, go to http://libraries.ou.edu/jobs/ and search for Requisition Number 19527.
Rice University’s Fondren Library seeks… candidates for the Head of the Kelley Center for Government Information, Data and Geospatial Services… The successful candidate will combine expertise in government information and data with a compelling vision for the future of library services. Candidates should possess a record of excellence in management, a history of collaboration within and beyond the library, strong technical and communication skills, and considerable experience leading successful outreach programs. The position reports to the Executive Director of Digital Scholarship Services.
Responsibilities: … develops and implements a vision for providing cutting-edge, user-centered services focused on government information, data, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS). In consultation with stakeholders, the incumbent oversees planning and strategic development for the Kelley Center in support of the goals of the Fondren Library and Rice University. He or she actively conducts outreach and ensures the effective provision of research and user services, particularly in areas demanding resources and expertise in government information, data and GIS. The head of the Kelley Center plans, coordinates and manages the work of six to seven staff members…
Salary & benefits: $68,000 minimum, with hiring salary commensurate with experience and qualifications; no state or local income tax; 21 benefit days; a range of retirement options including TIAA/CREF; health and life insurance and tuition waiver…
Applications received by July 28, 2014 will receive first consideration. Please apply with cover letter, resumé, and the names, titles, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three references at: https://jobs.rice.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_css.jsp Inquiries: Melinda Reagor Flannery at (713) 348-3773 or [email protected] Rice University is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer.
Job Description Summary:
- Plan, direct, and integrate learning resource services and programs so as to promote fulfillment of the College’s missions and goals. Evaluate and align the effectiveness of Library programs to meet the needs of students and achieve institutional goals.
- Engage Library staff and the college community in identifying and developing innovative means to promote information literacy in 21st C. learning strategies. Support and promote the development of a Library Design Team that continuously reviews, assesses and innovates all aspects of Library operations.
- Promote the Library within the college community so as to maximize use of Library resources and services. Engage Library staff to develop Library physical facilities into the Place to Be through Strategic Planning. Actively promote the College by participating in organizations, making public presentations, and serving on local and regional boards.
- Recruit and develop a creative and resourceful staff of engaged, thorough, and service-oriented persons. Evaluate and recommend retention and promotion of faculty and staff. Serve as liaison between the Learning Resources Division and other divisions of the college.
- Administer learning resources and services at all campus locations. Approve division requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment. Recommend an annual budget for the support of learning resources.
Salary: Minimum $82,978.00 / 12 months
Del Mar College
101 Baldwin Blvd.
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
Salary: Not Specified
The L. Mendel Rivers Library at Charleston Southern University is seeking an Assistant Librarian in Digital Learning and Web Services. This is a 12-month, non-tenure track faculty position.
For more information see www.csuniv.edu/facultyandstaff/humanresources/faculty.html.
Hat tips to ALA JobLIST, Simplyhired.com and HigherEd Jobs