Professional Career Opportunities at:
- UNC Charlotte
- Arizona State University
- University of California, Santa Cruz
- Columbia University
- Loyola Marymount University
- Penn State, Hershey
- Actively engage with academic programs, university and external communities in assigned subject areas
- Teach research instruction sessions for Lee College of Engineering and the Department of Geography and Earth Sciences
- Develop appropriate instructional and informational aids for students, faculty, and community patrons
- Serve as collection development liaison for assigned subjects, and monitor budget lines for acquisition of materials
- Provide research and reference support for assigned subjects to students, faculty, and community patrons
- Conduct collection evaluations for all proposed new courses and curriculum changes in assigned departments
The following Application Materials must be attached to your electronic submission:
- Cover letter,
- Names (including titles and company/institutions), addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least professional references.
The Search Committee will not contact references without contacting the candidate first and verifying permission.
The review of applications will begin immediately. Apply as soon as possible for full consideration. Anticipated start date is May 2014. Appointment requires successful completion of background check. Members of minority groups, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply for this position. AA/EOE
Arizona State University seeks a national leader in academic libraries and information resources for the position of University Librarian to begin July 1, 2014. Directly reporting to the University Provost, the University Librarian will develop and implement a vision for the multiple libraries on four campuses at Arizona State (ASU), an entrepreneurial knowledge enterprise generating $405 million in annual research expenditures and educating over 75,000 students, including PhD students across an extensive range of traditional and interdisciplinary academic programs…
The ASU libraries consist of Hayden Library, the Noble Science and Engineering Library, the Architecture and Environmental Design Library, the Music Library, and the University Archives on the Tempe campus; the Fletcher Library on the West campus; the Library on the Polytechnic campus; and the Library at the Downtown Phoenix campus. The University Librarian also works with the Law Library as appropriate. More information about the ASU libraries is available at http://lib.asu.edu…
To apply, please send—as a single PDF—a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for five references to George Justice, Dean of Humanities and Chair of the University Librarian Search Committee, at UniversityLibrarianSearch@asu.edu. Inquiries other than application status can be directed to George Justice, Dean of Humanities and Chair of the University Librarian Search Committee, at George.Justice@asu.edu. Review of applications will begin March 17, 2014; if not filled, every week thereafter until the search is closed. A background check is required for employment.
The University of California, Santa Cruz (UCSC), a public research university and one of the ten campuses of the University of California (UC) System, invites applications and nominations for the position of University Librarian. UCSC seeks an innovative leader and experienced library administrator to serve as University Librarian. Reporting to the Campus Provost/Executive Vice Chancellor, the successful candidate will lead the UCSC Library in providing outstanding services to the UCSC community while also extending the University System’s unique library resources to benefit researchers around the world…
Screening of complete applications will begin immediately and continue until the completion of the search process. Applicants should email three separate documents: a detailed letter of application; a curriculum vita or resume; and a list of six references including complete contact information and a description of the relationship to the applicant to email@example.com. Applications will be kept confidential until the final candidates are identified and campus visits are announced. Inquiries and nominations can be submitted to the same email address or one can contact the search firm representatives at the address or phone number listed below.
For a full position description of this role, please go to www.imsearch.com.
Deborah Hodson and Beverly Brady
1000 Sansome Street, Suite 300
San Francisco, CA 94111
The Columbia University Libraries invites applications and nominations for the position of eJournal Preservation Librarian. This is a temporary grant-funded position running through April 30, 2015 (with the possibility of extension) created to review titles within the 2CUL holdings that do not have adequate preservation plans. The goal of the position is to expand the number and extent of e-journal preservation coverage by supplying tested preservation strategies to selected categories of selected e-journals.
Reporting to the Director of the Continuing & Electronic Resources Management division (CERM), the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Working with preservation agencies such as CLOCKSS, LOCKSS, and Portico and with the producers and distributors of eJournals (including publishers, aggregators, professional societies, and academic departments) to secure preservation agreements for selected titles held by Columbia University Libraries and Cornell University Libraries.
- Providing a detailed analysis of the full set of un-preserved e-journals held by Columbia and Cornell, characterizing the different types of content, methods of publication and dissemination, and providing an initial assessment of importance for preservation.
- Reviewing license agreements and terms, requiring knowledge of Electronic Resource licensing terms and contract/license language for copyright, fair use, and perpetual access with vendors…
As a member of the library’s Outreach team, the Programming Librarian leads the library’s efforts in reaching and serving its diverse user populations through programming. Reporting to the Outreach and Communications Librarian, the incumbent promotes the library as the intellectual and cultural center of the campus community through programming, including but not limited to exhibitions, workshops, and orientations.
1. With the support of the Library Programming Assistant, plan, implement, promote, and assess all library programs, exhibitions, and events.
2. Serve as an ex-officio member of COWG, the library’s Communication and Outreach Working Group.
3. Establish and nurture joint educational and cultural partnerships between the library and LMU departments, library consortia, and/or the larger Los Angeles community and schools.
4. Lead the library’s tour program, which may include training and scheduling student tour leaders.
5. Coordinate the library’s participation in all LMU orientations, including but not limited to undergraduate, graduate, transfer, international student, parent, and prospective student groups…
- Cover Letter
- Salary History
- List of References
Harrell Health Sciences Library at Penn State Hershey seeks an early career Access Services and Instruction Librarian. The incumbent will report to the Associate Director /Coordinator for Education & Instruction. This is a faculty position, may be multi-year contract or tenure track based on qualifications, experience, and preference.
The Access Services/ Instruction Librarian will provide general reference service, research support, and participate in user-centered library instruction. Under the direction of the Associate Director, he/she will be responsible for managing and coordinating Access Services, including managing the circulation and reference desks; supervising staff; developing and documenting policies and procedures; collecting statistics; oversight of marketing and exhibit space, including the Lions Eye electronic display; scheduling reference desk coverage and responding to patron questions. He/she will supervise library cash handling policies and procedures at the circulation desk, oversee building and collection accessibility and security, and participate in collection development activities. The Librarian will also serve as a liaison to one or more academic departments, participate in the maintenance and support of the Harrell Library Webpage…
Send a letter of application, resume or vitae, and the Search Committee, The Pennsylvania State University, Box HYIL-HEJO, 511 Paterno Library, University Park, PA 16802, or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Box HYIL-HEJO in the email subject line.
Review of candidates will begin on March 3, 2014 and continue until the position is filled.
Tom Gilson. Test Bio