Career Opportunities at the California Digital Library; University of Notre Dame; University of Wisconsin – La Crosse; Bridgewater State University; Illinois Wesleyan University and Morehead State University
The California Digital Library seeks a … collections analyst to help reshape the landscape of print collections management among research libraries. The Shared Print Collections Analyst gathers and analyzes information about library resources to support decision-making among partner libraries, including the libraries of the University of California and members of the Western Regional Storage Trust. The analyst provides support to major shared print projects such as the UC JSTOR Shared Print Archive, the Western Regional Storage Trust and emerging initiatives in shared monograph and federal documents management. This is a 3 year contract position.
To view the full job posting, see: http://www.cdlib.org/about/jobs.html
To apply, visit: https://jobs.ucop.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=55945. Requisition number: 20120669
First consideration for applications received by: 1/11/2013
…The Associate University Librarian will collaborate with our recently-appointed University Librarian and AUL for Digital Access, Resources, and Information Technologies to transform our organization in two significant ways:
- More closely align our goals, structure, resources and values with those of the University;
- Energize the organization through emphasis on collaboration, flexibility, empowerment, on-going learning, service excellence, and a commitment to work together as one team…
The AUL for Research and Learning Services will lead three University-focused programs designed to deepen our engagement with the campus by developing distinctive collections, resources, and services that demonstratively facilitate research and enhance learning. These programs are: Arts and Humanities Research Services; Science, Engineering, Business, and Social Sciences Services; and Outreach and Academic Engagement and include such areas as preservation, special collections, reference, front line services (branch libraries, circulation, interlibrary loan) and subject areas in the humanities, arts, social sciences, business, engineering, and science-related subjects. The AUL will work with a team of three direct reports (program directors) and 75 employees who make up the larger division.
Applications: To apply, please include a letter, curriculum vitae and the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of three references. Electronic submission of applications is required. Send all application documents to: email@example.com.
The full text of this job posting can be found at the following address: www.library.nd.edu/about/employment/.
Murphy Library at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse is seeking a … librarian to provide leadership in the development of a comprehensive and sustainable library instruction program.
- Design and develop pedagogically rich tools and experiences to enhance critical thinking and information literacy on campus
- Incorporate learning theory and instructional technologies into the library’s teaching and learning experiences
- Play a major role in conducting information literacy instruction sessions
- Participate in reference services and collection development in assigned subjects
- Participate in collegial governance and campus and professional activities…
SALARY AND RANK: Competitive salary for 9-month tenure track position at the rank of Assistant Professor. An approximate 50% summer contract also is available.
STARTING DATE: August 26, 2013.
Note: Electronic submission of application materials is required. For additional information about this position and to apply, please visit https://employment.uwlax.edu/. First review begins February 4, 2013; this position is open until filled.
Collection Development and Acquisitions Librarian
This is an Exempt Position that falls within the MSCA Union (Massachusetts State College Association).
General statement of duties: Lead, manage, and coordinate all collection development activities and acquisitions processes; lead, manage, and coordinate library liaison activities.
- Prepare the annual budget for monographs, serials, databases and audio/visual materials. Monitor the expenditure of funds, maintain records, and recommend budget adjustments.
- Manage the placement of orders and/or subscriptions for databases, monographs, serials, media materials, and all other library resources with appropriate vendors.
- Coordinate the licensing of electronic journals, e-book packages, databases and other resources as needed.
- Implement and manage acquisitions applications in the library management system (Voyager); develop activities to promote the use of the LMS and web- and network-based tools.
- Coordinate acquisitions financial processes using the University’s accounting system (Banner).
- Evaluate and develop the library’s collection of monographs, serials and visual materials in all formats in a team environment as the library moves forward in the application of new technologies and network-based information sources…
Second master’s degree required for promotion beyond associate librarian.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s The Ames Library invites applications for a tenure-track 12-month faculty position as Sciences Librarian. The responsibilities of this full-time position include the following:
- Collaborate with students and faculty of Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, & Physics departments in discovery and use of scholarly resources and technologies
- Teach information discovery, appropriate use of scientific literature, source evaluation, intellectual property concepts, and academic integrity
- Develop and maintain web-based materials to support and supplement these collections and services, and explore opportunities to integrate instructional technology into the curriculum
- Explore emerging technologies in support of science education
- Support science faculty teaching and research
- Stay aware of trends in scientific scholarly communication and curricula
- Develop collections in the sciences
- Help library patrons with information needs on an individual basis…
Individuals interested in applying should submit a letter of application, vita, and the names and contact information of three current references to Karen Schmidt, University Librarian, The Ames Library, 1 Ames Plaza, PO Box 2899, Bloomington, IL 61702-2899. Application materials may also be emailed firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin February 15, 2013 and continue until the position is filled. Illinois Wesleyan is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Morehead State University invites applications for an entry-level full-time position as Instruction Librarian.
Responsibilities: Serve as a member of the Instructional Services department; perform library instruction; supervise the operations of the Learning Technology Lab; provide leadership in the library’s engagement with freshmen generally and with the First-Year Seminar program specifically.
Additional responsibilities include: supervising one full-time staff; working regularly scheduled hours at the Research Services desk; and serving as library liaison to at least one academic department…
This is a 12-month full-time position at the rank of Librarian I. Salary and benefits are competitive for an entry-level position. For promotion the successful candidate must meet expectations in the areas of job performance, professional development, and service.
To apply submit a letter of application, a CV or resume, and three references by February 11, 2013.
Tom Gilson. Test Bio