BiblioLabs is a fast moving technology company and a global leader in the creation of interactive Apps with historical books and other cultural artifacts. We work with the world’s leading libraries and cultural institutions and are expanding our publishing efforts. The Cataloging Associate Curator is responsible for performing original and copy cataloging of materials included in our digital products to bring item level records to MARC21, ISBD, and AACR2 standards. Additionally, this position is responsible for creating historical products using internal discovery and compilation tools while working closely with editorial management, graphic design, the app development group, and marketing to bring applications to market.
Cataloging Job Duties Include:
- Perform original descriptive and subject cataloging for digital materials in a variety of subject fields, applying rules to meet current national cataloging standards.
- Conduct research to establish appropriate form of main entries, added entries and place names; assign main entries and subject headings; determine edition statements, imprints, collations, and series notes.
- Research new techniques and technologies for cataloging, share findings with colleagues, and make recommendations for implementation.
Curating Job Duties Include:
- Efficiently research historical topics and search for relevant content through our discovery tools.
- Select topical content to be included in an application.
- Perform quality assurance checks on content included within an application.
- Update or enhance descriptive metadata for included content as necessary.
- Write and edit copy to be included in application and marketing materials in accordance with the company’s style, editorial policy and publishing requirements.
- Develop app or content ideas considering reader or audience appeal.
- Knowledge of cataloging practices and procedure and library automation systems.
- Good general knowledge of history, philosophy, religion, literature, geography, social science, and science.
- Ability to write engaging copy about historical content.
- Ability to perform research efficiently online.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly adapt to and learn new software.
- Ability to work in a fast moving, deadline oriented environment.
- Master of Library Science a plus.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.