Career Opportunities at Cornell University; University of Georgia and the Colorado State Library
Applications requested by November 30, 2012. Please include a cover letter, resume, and the names, phone numbers, and addresses for three references. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
The Science Reference/Instruction Librarian is responsible to the Head of the Reference Department for assisting students, faculty, and staff in making effective use of library and other internet resources, and citation management programs including EndNote. To achieve this goal, the Science Reference/Instruction Librarian provides in-person and virtual reference assistance, library instruction sessions, departmental office hours, and one-on-one in-depth consultations in all areas of the sciences with a special focus on assigned liaison departments. The Science Reference/Instruction Librarian develops web pages and other guides for faculty who wish to incorporate research resources into their curriculum. This position also provides remote assistance through phone, e-mail, and chat reference. Night and weekend work is required…
ALA-accredited MLS; Bachelor’s degree in the sciences or demonstrated interest in library research in the sciences; Ability to develop instruction sessions and to instruct users effectively both individually and in the classroom setting; Commitment to student and faculty research and teaching in the sciences; Knowledge of virtual reference services; Knowledge of web design and instructional technologies; Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and priorities; Effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to create and maintain productive, long-term, effective working relationships; Demonstrated ability to work with diverse students, faculty, and colleagues.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Minimum entry-level annual salary is $38,000. UGA librarians are non-tenured faculty members. UGA offers an attractive benefits program including a choice of health and retirement plans, dental plan, tuition remission and a relocation allowance; 21 days annual leave, 12 paid holidays.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Qualified applicants who wish to be considered for this position should send as three separate pdf documents their letters of application, complete resumes, and the names, addresses, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers of three references by December 14, 2012 to: Jan D. Hudson, Human Resources Coordinator, University of Georgia Libraries, Athens, Georgia 30602-1641 at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Colorado State Library is looking for a dynamic and innovative leader to join the Network and Resource Sharing team as a Technology Consultant.
- Are you a CMS master eager to bend content management systems (including Plinkit (Plone), WordPress, and Drupal) to your will?
- Are you a technology enthusiast eager to share information, provide training, and recommend best practices for using technology to enhance library services?
- Are you a creative spirit with the skills needed to develop, design, and deliver training in a variety of formats including in-person and online?Do you have a passion for customer service and enjoy collaborating with others?
- Are you organized and able to juggle several projects at the same time?
- Are you interested in seeing more of the beautiful state of Colorado?
2. Two or more years of experience with the use and/or administration of a content management system: Drupal, WordPress or similar CMS.
3. Experience with basic digital image manipulation.
4. Experience developing and delivering online and face-to-face instruction and training.
5. Strong background in customer service required.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
7. Able to work independently and as part of a team.
8. Proven experience with project management and juggling multiple demands.
9. Willingness to do some in-state travel (mostly day trips, occasionally overnight)…
Please email a completed Colorado Department of Education Employment Application (), letter of interest, and resume to email@example.com. (Hard copies of application materials and application materials sent via mail or fax will not be accepted.)
Applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. Thursday December 6, 2012.
Full Job Posting (PDF): http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdemgmt/download/1029-TechnologyConsultant.pdf
Colorado Department of Education Employment Application: http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdemgmt/HR/jobs.htm
Tom Gilson. Test Bio