Career Opportunities at Wayne State; Yale University; Emory University; University of Texas at Dallas; and Hollins University
The Wayne State University Library System seeks a highly motivated, service-oriented individual committed to Metadata and Discovery librarianship and interested in working in a team-based library environment as a Metadata & Discovery librarian. This twelve month position will collaborate with a wide range of library units to support the discoverability of library resources in both the physical and digital realms. Under administrative oversight of the Discovery Service’s Associate Director, the Metadata & Discovery Librarian will:
- Manage and contribute cataloging and metadata for archival, digital, and cataloging projects.
- Assist in the management of discovery resources, including the library articles & databases list, EZProxy, electronic resource management records, and the EDS discovery layer.
- Collaborate with members of various library units to describe digital objects and create metadata formats appropriate to the delivery platforms, which may include the Millennium ILS, DLXS image server, Luna imaging system, and other systems as required.
- Manage and develop standards for WSU digital collections metadata and cataloging practices.
- Manage cataloging and technical services documentation, and promote knowledge transfer and training for the cataloging and technical services teams.
- Provide support for the library institutional repository and depositing faculty content.
- Create Encoded Archival Description (EAD) finding aids and associated style sheets (XSLT) for WSU archival collections…
For more information about the Wayne State University Library System, please visit our website: http://lib.wayne.edu. Submit applications electronically by sending a complete resume and letter of interest including the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of at least three professional references to 038761: Wayne State University’s ON-LINE HIRING SYSTEM at https://jobs.wayne.edu.
…Reporting to the Chief Acquisitions Librarian and Head of the Acquisitions Department under the Library’s Technical Services Division, the Collections Procurement Librarian provides professional, technical, and fiscal expertise in the overall management of orders and approvals, including management of gifts and exchanges. Manages the work of the Order Support unit and supervises (hires, trains, evaluates) staff who perform a variety of activities related to ordering of materials in all formats. Works collaboratively and collegially Library-wide with all acquisitions units, selectors, catalogers, and Information Technology Office to develop best practices to support the management of orders and approval plans for all formats of library collections. Keeps abreast of trends in publishing, and pricing practices and of vendor technologies and software developments as they relate to library fund accounting, budget analysis, and ordering technologies…
- Manages Order Support unit
- Manages Approval Plans
- Manages processing of Gifts
- Manages the Exchange Program
Applications consisting of a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references should be sent by creating an account and applying online at www.yale.edu/jobs for immediate consideration – the STARS req ID for this position is 18154BR. Please be sure to reference #18154BR in your cover letter
… Reporting to the Manuscripts and Archives (MSSA) Head of Digital Information Systems while working in close collaboration with Library IT, the Fortunoff Video Archives (FVA) Senior Archivist, the Director of Digitization Initiatives, the Digital Preservation Librarian, and other Library stakeholders, the Digital Initiatives Project Manager will have a dual responsibility: (1) to provide technical support and project management for the ongoing Fortunoff Video Archive mass digitization project; and (2) to provide support for digital repository development to ensure long-term preservation of, and access to, digital audio and video collections.
- Provide front-line technical support for FVA video digitization project.
- Function as primary project liaison for MSSA with YUL-IT, YUL Preservation, YUL Digital Initiatives and other library stakeholders and outside vendors on behalf of Fortunoff Video Archive and other digital library development projects.
- Plan, develop, test, and implement FVA user interface pairing streaming digital video with time-coded text summaries in a secure, password-protected environment.
- Conduct FVA project stakeholder interviews focusing on workflow, business processes, policies, and organizational goals and objectives for the digitization, creation, arrangement, description, and preservation of digital audio and video. Document outcomes of interviews and share findings with necessary project stakeholders for implementation.
- Work with YUL-IT, YUL Preservation, and YUL Digital Initiatives, and other Library stakeholders to provide informational input into decisions concerning the development and delivery of applications, programs and systems. Help guide the design, implementation, and improvement of existing services and library technology applications. Develop functional and technical requirements, use cases, and documentation for digital preservation and access environments.
- Test, analyze, and re-test prototype repository systems to assure viability and functionality of digital assets, especially for digital audio and video…
Applications consisting of a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references should be sent by creating an account and applying online at http://www.yale.edu/jobs for immediate consideration – the STARS req ID for this position is 18126BR. Please be sure to reference #18126BR in your cover letter.
Reporting to the Arrangement and Description Coordinator in MARBL, the Manuscript Archivist has overall responsibility for accessioning, arranging, describing, cataloging, and providing access to manuscript collections. The ideal candidate will make use of cutting edge tools to develop finding aids and promote access to the collections for faculty and students at Emory and researchers and scholars around the world.
Specific duties of the incumbent include:
- Participates in the acquisition and appraisal of manuscript material, including communicating with donors, packing materials for transfer, and accessioning manuscript material when upon arrival in MARBL.
- Arranges manuscript collections in accordance with current library and archival standards, including creating and implementing work plans, leading a processing team of graduate students, appraising material, and performing basic preservation work.
- Creates descriptive, structural, and administrative metadata in accordance with nationally-accepted standards such as EAD (XML), Dublin Core, and MARC.
- Contributes authority records to NACO, and produces other descriptive tools such as finding aids and local indexes.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates MARBL graduate students who arrange and describe manuscript collections.
- Provides assistance in special collections research services as needed and assigned, including weekly and Saturday reference desk shifts…
Salary: Starting at 47,500.00
The Eugene McDermott Library at the University of Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Senior Associate Library Director for Systems and Digital Projects.
Reporting to the Director of Libraries, this senior administrative position is responsible for envisioning and defining the services provided by the integrated library systems and discover services (Ex Libris’ Voyager/SFX/Primo as well as the migration to Alma as an early adopter.)
The Senior Associate Library Director will be responsible for managing all activities related to information systems including implementation and maintenance of library software products (ILLiad, EZProxy) and equipment/servers. The position will require a working knowledge of systems administration (UNIX command structure, Oracle, Apache, and security standards) and programming languages (e.g. Perl, PHP, SQL, JAVA, XML), web services, and DSpace or other institutional repository software. The Senior Associate Library Director is responsible for managing all Library Systems Division personnel…
The Wyndham Robertson Library at Hollins University invites applications for the position of Information Technology/Liaison Librarian. Candidates are sought who are committed to cross-functional librarianship, interested in working in a collaborative library environment, and eager to participate in the daily life of a small, liberal arts university community. Early career librarians are encouraged to apply…
For application and qualification requirements, please visit: http://www1.hollins.edu/docs/admin/hr/Jobs/AvailableJobs.htm. Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled. Hollins University is an equal opportunity employer committed to advancing women and supporting a diverse community.
Tom Gilson. Test Bio