Career opportunities at Pacific Lutheran University and the University of South Carolina at Aiken
Assistant Professor or Clinical Assistant Professor/Technical Services Librarian – Pacific Lutheran University
The successful candidate will have “demonstrated technical services experience and leadership skills, and who also possesses the desire to contribute in the public services arena. They will:
- Provide day-to-day support and direction to staff in cataloging, acquisitions, serials/continuations, processing, binding, and preservation, including staff development, training, and evaluation.
- Provide a vision for and take the lead in planning for the Technical Services unit with an aim toward creative use of staff and technology for maximum efficiency.
- Assist in the management of our Ex Libris Voyager library system.
- Collaborate with the Director for Library Services and collection development librarians to oversee the $1,000,000-plus acquisitions budget.
- Partner with University Archivist in keeping abreast of and participating in Northwest Digital Archives strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate with other librarians in strategic planning for and implementation of digital collections and services, including but not limited to online journals, e-books, online reference tools, and data sources.”
Instruction/Reference Librarian – University of South Carolina at Aiken
This is a twelve month, tenure-track position classified as a assistant professorship. “Responsibilities: delivery of electronic and traditional reference services; participation in instruction; communication about new resources to faculty, staff, and students; collection development; development of innovative services and user aids; planning and updating of Library web pages; familiarity with emerging technologies. Job requires evening and rotating weekend hours…”
Tom Gilson. Test Bio