Manages all aspects of the service, sales support and program development for Continuations, iSelect and Standing Order programs. Supervises assigned collection development staff. Reviews products and stays abreast of professional news in the library, retail and publishing worlds; ensures Ingram Program offerings are competitive.
- Evaluates demand and develops/enhances programs & services as approved by Director, Collection Development and Sales Executives.
- Collaborates with IT to create program specifications, on development, testing and launch.
- Liaises with all departmental team members to ensure needs are met and to deliver post launch training and support.
- Coordinates with Sales and Marketing about Sales training and Customer communication.
- Manages all Standing Order & Continuations functions including timeliness of offering additions.
- Develops selection lists based on complex combinations of information such as hands-on review of materials, published reviews, sales and demand data, modifying each list to meet individual customer needs
- Ensures data integrity of supporting titles within the programs
- Takes leadership role to work with Sales and Marketing to direct and support efforts to grow enrollments in Programs and Sales from Programs; providing sales training and working directly with customers as necessary.
- Ensures that Staff provides timely and expert Customer Service to Ingram’s Program Customers, assisting with implementations and problem resolution as necessary.
- Participates in publisher meetings for the purpose of gaining knowledge about titles, sharing industry information, expertise and discussing opportunities to increase sales; coordinate efforts to promote publisher offerings with Product and Marketing.
- Prepares and distributes monthly reports on Program Sales; work with Finance to create new reports as needed.
- Resolves ordering problems, working with Product and TIMS on title details.
- Prepares quotes for prospective/new customers.
- Responds to Bids & Contracts Team regarding Bids that include information about Programs.· Manages grid ordering.
- Manages and coordinates content on behalf of department for Further Developments Newsletter; Produce columns, reviews, & title listings for departmental e-newsletters and iPage
- Creates subject-area lists of titles recommended for libraries, targeted sales efforts, and marketing to be used on ipage, in newsletters, and by Sales Teams.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of experience in book industry
- 1 year Supervisory experience
Essential Physical Demands
- Standard office environment
- Ability to read, write, speak, hear, see, think, communicate, concentrate, learn, and work
- Ability to sit at workstation for extended periods of time
- Ability to work effectively using a personal computer for long periods of time
- Ability to operate computer equipment, including keyboard and monitor, phone equipment and other necessary office equipment
For additional information and to apply online please visit www.ingramcontent.com