Calls on existing and potential public library customers in a multi-state territory. Achieves and exceeds established sales and company profitability goals, positioning ILS as the premier provider in all media (print, AV, and digital) and the value added services supplier to libraries. Interacts extensively with other Ingram departments to ensure customer satisfaction, to maintain and enhance current knowledge regarding all ILS programs and services, and to share customer requirements and market trends.
- Grows profitable territory sales with attention to improving and maintaining after freight margin.
- Manages a multi-state territory to ensure efficient use of the company’s resources and associate’s time while maximizing potential number of personal customer contacts.
- Prospects and establish new business relationships promoting ILS programs and services.
- Attends regional, state and national library association conferences and presents ILS products and services.
- Develops existing relationships and opportunities through responsive customer contact and participation in industry events, entertainment opportunities and other networking venues.
- Gives input and feedback for all respective territory RFPs (request for proposal) and formal bid responses and includes customer requirements, competitor information and trends, and potential bidding strategies.
- Negotiates discount/freight terms for new pricing agreements and existing pricing agreement renewals.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of ILS products/services, competitor products/services advantages and changes in library market.
- Reports industry trends, market requirements, customer needs and competitor developments to management.
Education and Experience
· HS Diploma and GED
· 3 years experience in the Public Library market
· 5 years field sales experience
Essential Physical Demands
· Ability to travel up to 80%
For additional information and to apply online visit www.ingramcontent.com
Leah was appointed Executive Director of the Charleston Conference in 2017, and has served in various roles with the Charleston Information Group, LLC, since 2004. Prior to working for the conference, she was Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions for the College of Charleston for four years. She lives in a small town near Columbia, SC, with her husband and two kids where they raise a menagerie of farm animals.