Science & Technology Subject Specialist
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), located on the Red Sea coast north of Jeddah in Saudi Arabia, is an exciting new international graduate-level research university dedicated to advancing science and technology through bold and collaborative research and to addressing challenges of regional and global significance. Newly opened in September 2009, KAUST is an independent, merit-based university that welcomes exceptional staff and students from around the world. KAUST offers attractive base salaries and a wide range of benefits.
The KAUST Library has an opening for a Science & Technology Subject Specialist to serve as a liaison and library service provider to students and researchers in its three academic divisions (Chemical and Life Sciences and Engineering; Mathematical and Computer Sciences and Engineering; and Physical Sciences and Engineering) and nine research centers.
Major responsibilities include:
- Serve as the library’s main point of contact and major service provider for faculty, researchers, and graduate students in assigned subject areas.
- Work proactively with faculty, researchers, and graduate students to identify and address their information support needs.
- Participate in research teams, in the lab, and in the classroom in providing knowledge management support and literacy education.
- Select and build collections in print and digital formats of published science scholarship and valuable institutional and local information in assigned science disciplines.
- Design and maintain the best access possible to needed science information through local collections, online access, and document delivery services.
- Provide general and in-depth reference and research assistance to faculty, researchers, graduate students, and university staff.
A Bachelors Degree in a relevant scientific field is required. A Masters Degree or Ph.D. in library or information science and experience working with information resources and users in one or more of the sciences are preferred.
All applications must be received through the on-line application process found at http://www.kaust.edu.sa/. Applications for the positions are accepted on a continuing basis until the position is filled.