ebrary announced that they have launched their new Patron Driven Acquisition (PDA) model, which makes it efficient and affordable to acquire e-books with guaranteed usage, while making more information discoverable to end-users.
With ebrary’s implementation of PDA, libraries may create collections of titles of their choice, provide full access to end-users, and have titles automatically added to their permanent collection in real-time based on usage.
A leading provider of digital content products and technologies, ebrary now offers librarians a choice of PDA, subscription, and perpetual access e-books that can be ordered, managed, and quickly delivered directly within our powerful, easy-to-use interface.
Key features and benefits:
- Authoritative titles from leading publishers such as ABC-CLIO/Greenwood, Cambridge University Press, Elsevier, The McGraw Hill Companies, Palgrave Macmillan, Taylor & Francis, and Wiley.
- Robust title selection tools including the ability to select by subject, publisher, price, publication date, and other key parameters.
- Profiling tool that automatically identifies appropriate content for PDA collection.
- Ability to create and modify automatic notifications for newly available titles of interest.
- Triggering system based on real usage.
- Real-time delivery of titles.
- Fund code management.
- Free MARC records.
- Weekly reporting.
- Upcoming short-term loans.
- Upcoming integration with YBP.
New Ordering System
Their new PDA model is integrated with a new ordering system that you can also use today to purchase perpetual access titles, establish profiles and notifications, and more directly from the ebrary interface.
Saved Searches, QuickView Enhancements, and More
Additionally, end-users now have the ability to save search results of interest and receive email notifications of newly available titles that match their interests. They have also made significant improvements to QuickView including better display quality and the option to remove highlighting of search terms.
Request a Demo
For a demo, title list, or additional information, please complete their web form.