OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc. is a nonprofit, membership, computer library service and research organization dedicated to the public purposes of furthering access to the world’s information and reducing information costs. Tens of thousands of libraries around the world use OCLC services to locate, acquire, catalog, lend and preserve library materials. We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Manager, Publisher Relations.
NOTE: The location of the position is to be determined. We are seeking qualified candidates from North America, U.K., Netherlands and Germany.
- Primary responsibility for fully managing assigned publisher accounts, acquisition of new partners and building a constructive and strong relationship. This position provides a consistent supply of defined eContent products to meet OCLC’s content goals in providing access to books, journals, databases, audio books, metadata and emerging content products.
- Proactively work within the publisher’s organization and OCLC to develop and implement alternative business and access models in support of OCLC’s mission.
- Serve as principal liaison for OCLC portfolio and product managers in publisher outreach and as central liaison for the publisher with all OCLC departments (Product Management, Content Integration, Collection Development, Sales and others).
- Bachelors Degree in Publishing, Business, Finance, Project Management or related areas.
- 3+ years experience in account management, concept/strategic selling techniques of electronic content; OR
- 3 to 5 years of prior experience in the management, acquisition or sale of electronic content or published materials.
Candidates for this position should demonstrate:
- Understanding of content creation and/or sales processes for various types of electronic content
- Strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills
- Strong business and negotiation skills, good understanding of ROI concepts
- 2 or more years with direct experience in the publishing industry and/or electronic publishing of databases, books and journals preferred
- Proficiency in non-English languages preferred (Spanish, French, Chinese, Japanese).
In order to be considered for this position, you must go to the OCLC Career Center (Internet) and apply towards Job ID 1843, Manager, Publisher Relations.