Good news! The New England Technical Services Librarians (NETSL) Executive Board has extended the nomination deadline for its annual NETSL Award for Excellence in Library Technical Services.
We know you’ve got someone in mind. They’ve inspired you by meeting challenges head on; they’re innovative practitioners that keep the technical services department ahead of the curve; the library as a whole flourishes because of their efforts; they put the service in technical services! Eligible librarians include those who live outside of New England but whose service to the profession has impacted New England libraries, and those who reside in New England and have made contributions on a national level through publications, service, or innovations in practice.
Nominations will be accepted until February 17th. The award will be presented on April 15, 2010 at the NETSL Annual Spring Conference: Crosswalks to the Future at the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, MA. Go to http://www.nelib.org/netsl/conference/2010/index.htm for additional details.
Eligibility for nomination is as follows:
- Nominees may be NETSL/NELA members, but membership in the Association is not required.
- A nomination must be accompanied by a written statement that includes the reasons for nomination and a narrative summary of the nominee’s career and achievements. The person’s resume or CV may be used to meet this requirement.
- You do not have to be a NETSL member to make a nomination.
- Please send your nominations and the above documentation to the NETSL Vice-President no later than Wednesday, February 17, 2010. Contact information for Amira Aaron, NETSL Vice President, appears below.
- Current members of the NETSL Executive Board are not eligible for consideration
Past Recipients include: Martha Rice Sanders, David Miller, Lisa Palmer, Catherine Willis, Matthew Beacom, Robert L. Cunningham, Dr. Sheila Intner, Birdie MacLennan, and Lynda Kresge.
Additional details are available on the NETSL section of the NELA Web site: http://nelib.org/netsl/award2010call.htm
If you have further questions or would like to nominate someone, please contact: