Call for Papers for the Acquisitions Institute at Timberline Lodge, near Portland, Oregon
WHAT IS The Acquisitions Institute?
- The pre-eminent Western North America conference on acquisitions and collection development, entering its tenth year at Timberline Lodge.
- A small, informal and stimulating gathering in a convivial and glorious Northwestern setting.
- A three day conference focusing on the methods and madness of building and managing library collections.
- See The Acquisitions Institute home page at http://libweb.uoregon.edu/ec/aitl/ for more information.
WHAT TOPICS are we looking for?
The planning committee is open to presentations on all aspects of library acquisitions and collection management. Presenters are encouraged to engage the audience in discussion. Panel discussions are well received. The planning committee may wish to bring individual proposals together to form panels. The committee is especially looking for submissions on the following topics:
- Operations management of acquisitions or collection development
- Acquisitions functions in open source catalogs
- Role of consortia in collection development
- How subject librarians use their time
- Recruiting for technical services and collection development
- Scholarly communication from the publisher perspective
- Data curation: new roles for subject and technical services specialists
- E-books, streaming audio, streaming video: content, access, cataloging
- External forces driving a library’s collection management decisions
- Collection assessment: library and vendor perspectives
- Linking collections with learning outcomes
- Return on investment studies
- Acquisitions and collection development: the small library perspective
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE for submitting a proposal?
December 30, 2009
HOW do I submit a proposal?
Send an abstract of 200 words or less to:
Faye A. Chadwell
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97331-4501
Voice: (541) 737-8528
Fax (541) 737-3453