Library Associates Companies (LAC) seeks Library Clerks for a cataloging project at a government agency in Washington, DC. This is a full-time contract position for 1 – 2 years. The clerks will be transcribing data from catalog cards into MARC records in an online integrated library system, creating item and holdings records. We are looking for someone who as at least 2 years of experience creating and updating MARC records.
- At least a high school diploma, Bachelor’s Degree preferred;
- Two or more years experience creating, revising and/or updating bibliographic records in MARC format;
- Familiarity with MARC format, cataloging rules;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of U.S. government publications and Superintendent of Documents classification system will be a plus.
- For immediate consideration, please email resume to Jon Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org with a CC to email@example.com.
- Please use “Clerk – Cataloging #1344” as the subject line of your email.
- Please let us know where you saw our posting.
- Library Associates Companies (LAC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
Leah was appointed Executive Director of the Charleston Conference in 2017, and has served in various roles with the Charleston Information Group, LLC, since 2004. Prior to working for the conference, she was Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions for the College of Charleston for four years. She lives in a small town near Columbia, SC, with her husband and two kids where they raise a menagerie of farm animals.