UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN LIBRARY
HEAD, ELECTRONIC ACQUISITIONS AND LICENSING UNIT
Reporting to the Head of the Electronic Resources and Database Management Section in the Technical Services Division, the Head of the Electronic Acquisitions and Licensing Unit will coordinate the Library’s electronic resource licensing and acquisition efforts. The librarian in this position will be expected to be innovative, knowledgeable, energetic, and service-oriented in overseeing the complex management of e-resource subscriptions, consortia licenses, and customized bundles. As unit head, this librarian will supervise staff responsible for ordering new resources, managing subscriptions, and negotiating licenses; serve as a liaison to publishers and vendors; and serve as a primary contact for collection managers, providing them with information to assist collection development decision-making. This librarian will also be expected to follow the fast changing trends in technologies related to the delivery of full-text scholarly resources.
The Head of the Electronic Acquisitions and Licensing Unit will:
- Manage the ordering, renewal, and licensing of electronic resources.
- Supervise and train staff responsible for ordering new resources, renewing existing subscriptions, and reviewing licenses and amendments.
- Manage unit communications with University Procurement, publishers and vendors.
- Oversee the maintenance and renewal of major electronic resource packages through consortia, vendors, and publishers in collaboration with the Electronic Resources Officer, selectors, and fellow Electronic unit heads.
- Communicate licensing, pricing, title lists, and title changes to selectors and Electronic unit managers.
- Oversee the management of acquisitions and licensing data files.
- Collaborate with other Electronic Resources and Database Management managers to maintain an efficient, effective workflow.
- Counsel public and technical services staff on usage of licensed electronic resources, including interlibrary loan, course reserves, archival rights, etc.
Further information may be found at http://www.lib.umich.edu/node/15221