Library Associates Companies (LAC) is seeking a Serials Cataloger for a serials retrospective conversion project for a large U.S. government library. This position is in Beltsville, MD.
- Search serial titles in OCLC WorldCat to identify and download any matching serial bibliographic records available into Ex Libris Voyager.
- Verify/correct bibliographic data, including name and series access points, on existing bibliographic records in accordance with AACR2 Rev., LCRI and the CONSER Standard Record Metadata Application Profile (CSR MAP), and CONSER Editing Guide (CEG), in Voyager and OCLC databases.
- Add appropriate LC subject headings (LCSH) and classification numbers as needed to the OCLC record before importing into Voyager.
- Provide appropriate linking to existing OCLC and Voyager records for related serials.
- Create, as necessary, name authority records in OCLC according to NACO guidelines.
- Update holdings in OCLC to reflect Library’s ownership of the title.
- For immediate consideration email your cover letter and resume to Recruiter at email@example.com.
- Please reference “Serials Cataloger #1304” as the subject line of your email.
Leah was appointed Executive Director of the Charleston Conference in 2017, and has served in various roles with the Charleston Information Group, LLC, since 2004. Prior to working for the conference, she was Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions for the College of Charleston for four years. She lives in a small town near Columbia, SC, with her husband and two kids where they raise a menagerie of farm animals.