Was interested to see that the grandly awesome Michael Cairns has been appointed Chief Executive Officer of Publishing Technology plc (LSE: PTO) effective April 1, 2014. You might remember that Michael joined Publishing Technology in May 2013 as chief operating officer for the online division. Prior [...]Read More... →
It was sad to learn of the death of Birdie MacLennan, a longtime, active NASIG member, colleague, and contributor to many other organizations and projects. Joyce Tenney, NASIG president, has announced that the NASIG Executive Board has voted to dedicate the 2014 NASIG Conference Proceedings in memory [...]Read More... →
Ithaka S+R’s program director for Sustainability and Scholarly Communications the effervescent Nancy Maron has written the latest issue brief “Opening the Textbooks: New Opportunities for Libraries and Publishers.” It’s true, a quiet revolution is taking place as students opt out of paying for [...]Read More... →
While all of you were heading to your Oscar’s parties, I am here slaving over Rumors for this week. Boo hiss! I wonder which will win “best picture”?
The Addlestone Library at the College of Charleston is beginning a huge renovation project that will take place over the entire summer. [...]Read More... →
Gosh! The 34th Charleston Conference is coming up! It will take place November 5-8 in Charleston, SC. Mulling over the theme for the 2014 Charleston Conference. What do y’all think of The Importance of Being Earnest? Seems apropos? Yes?
And — November 3-4, right before the [...]Read More... →
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on At Brunning – the Web Edition
- Ruth Lewis on ATG ” I Wonder” Wednesday: Does your library have policy protecting the privacy rights of those using its websites and other library services?
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways