It’s a drizzly, prehistoric morning here in Central Florida as I embark on my first week of Hot Topics. Let us set the tone with “In the Library”, a poem by former Poet Laureate and delightful speaker Charles Simic. [...]Read More... →
by Jonathan H. Harwell, Rollins College
The Oberlin Group’s Lever Initiative (open-access consortial scholarly press) has posted some notes from their series of one-hour workshops with over 50 library directors. Lots of interesting comments, including “Shouldn’t be 8 years to publish a book” and “Students [...]Read More... →
As academia has been diving into the fall semester, I’ve saved up some hot topics from the month of August. So in case you’ve been busy as well, here are some items you might have missed.
The month kicked off with the [...]Read More... →
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on At Brunning – the Web Edition
- Ruth Lewis on ATG ” I Wonder” Wednesday: Does your library have policy protecting the privacy rights of those using its websites and other library services?
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways