Research and Instruction Librarian (Virtual Services Coordinator)
Addlestone Library at the College of Charleston
The College of Charleston Libraries seeks an innovative, collaborative, and dynamic librarian to deliver curriculum-driven information literacy instruction in the changing technological environment of our academic library. Reporting to the Head of Research & Instruction Services, the librarian in this position provides research assistance and instruction both face-to-face and online; delivers course-related instruction on and off campus; develops library research guides and instructional materials; collaborates with academic departments as a library liaison; conducts research consultations; and designs and creates pedagogically rich tools and experiences that enhance critical thinking, promote information literacy, and foster lifelong learning. In addition, as Virtual Services Coordinator, this librarian plans, implements, maintains, and assesses virtual services; and collects, analyzes, and reports the department’s user engagement statistics. The Research and Instruction Librarian is a tenure-track member of the library faculty.
- Graduate degree in Library & Information Science (M.L.S. or equivalent) from an ALA-accredited program
- Strong public service orientation with an aptitude for providing online and face to face information literacy instruction and reference services in an academic library
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and instructional technology skills
- Commitment to professional development and the ability to meet the research, teaching, service, and professional competency requirements for tenure and promotion advancement
- Some evening and/or weekend work may be required
- Experience evaluating, selecting, and implementing instructional technologies in an academic library setting as well as knowledge of current issues and trends in pedagogy is preferred.
$48,000 – $52,000 annually (July 1– June 30)
Review of applications will begin after 2/15/2018. Ideally, employment will begin by July 1, 2018. To apply, please upload a letter of application, curriculum vitae, teaching philosophy, and names and contact information for three professional references at http://jobs.cofc.edu/postings/6759.
The College of Charleston is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or disability.
About the College
Located in the heart of historic downtown Charleston, South Carolina, the College of Charleston is a nationally recognized, public, liberal arts and sciences university. Distinguished by a small-college feel combined with the advantages and diversity of an urban, mid-sized university, the College serves a student body from its geographical area and also attracts diverse students from national and international communities. Our faculty and staff are dedicated to providing a superior-quality undergraduate and graduate experience that meets society’s growing educational demands.
About the Libraries
The College of Charleston Libraries are comprised of the Marlene and Nathan Addlestone Library, the Avery Research Center for African American History and Culture, the John Rivers Communications Museum, the Marine Resources Library, and the North Campus Library. The combined annual budgets exceed $6 million with a team of 50 librarians and staff.