Professional Career Opportunities
- Florida State University;
- University of Colorado, Denver;
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh;
- Virtual Academic Library Environment of New Jersey (VALE)
- University of Wisconsin – Madison;
- University of Florida (Head Curator, Latin American and Caribbean Collection (LACC));
- University of Florida (Head, Shared Collection);
- North Carolina State University;
- Tufts University;
- Purdue University;
- University of North Florida;
- The Serials Librarian, Virtual;
- Northcentral University – Online/Remote;
- SUNY College at Old Westbury;
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute;
“…As part of the Libraries’ Senior Leadership Team, this position provides leadership for a staff of seven librarians and 18 full-time staff. The Division has a broad range of responsibilities: acquisitions, including coordination with materials selectors; management of a dynamic and growing array of e-resources; metadata and discovery services; organization and accessibility of print and digital collections; maintenance of records in OCLC and other shared systems; preparation of reports related to the division’s functions; and negotiations with materials vendors…”
Closes: Open until filled. Applications received by November 20, 2017 will be given first consideration.
“The University of Colorado Denver seeks a detailed and forward thinking Serials and Stacks Coordinator to join Auraria Library’s dynamic Resource Management team. Reporting to the Acquisitions Librarian, this full-time University Staff position’s primary role will be to oversee the Library’s acquisitions of direct serials and oversee maintenance of the library’s stacks…”
“In this position, you will manage the electronic resources lifecycle by administering the electronic resources management system, coordinating timely investigations and resolution of electronic resource access problems, communicating with vendors, and assisting with license agreements…”
“The Virtual Academic Library Environment of New Jersey (VALE) seeks a … professional to serve as Program Manager for this academic library consortium. The incumbent has responsibility for workflow design and managerial oversight of VALE programs and operations. On a day-to-day basis, s/he will liaise with library professional organizations in the state and beyond; oversee financial and administrative services; and serve as first point of contact for VALE members and vendors. The incumbent will help VALE to conceive and implement new strategies and initiatives designed to respond to member needs. VALE is an affiliate of NJEDge, a non-profit technology consortium of academic and research institutions in New Jersey, with which this position will work closely…”
“The Vice Provost works to increase the library’s financial support from internal and external sources and leverages and aligns those resources to facilitate strategic priorities and needs, to transform the library’s physical spaces to support evolving needs around teaching, learning and research, to develop staff skills and roles that align with the rapidly changing roles libraries play in supporting research and scholarship, to develop and enhance access to relevant, distinct and engaging content and collections, and to develop and engage in campus, regional, national and international partnerships to develop economies of scale that facilitate scholarship and better support the mission of the university and the library…”
“The Special and Area Studies Collections Department seeks an experienced leader to provide strategic vision and overall management of a preeminent collection in a dynamic, engaging environment at the University of Florida. The Head Curator of the LACC will contribute to scholarship at the Smathers Libraries in this full-time, tenure-track faculty position. A successful candidate will serve as the key liaison for the Libraries’ partnerships related to the Biblioteca Nacional de Cuba José Martí digitization project and other initiatives…”
“The University of Florida (UF), George A. Smathers Libraries seek an experienced collaborator, knowledgeable about print management and retention procedures, to serve in a new position as the Head of Shared Collections, a year-round tenure track faculty position. The Shared Collections Department is made up of four units (Auxiliary Libraries Facility (ALF); Interim Library Facility (ILF); Serials Cataloging; and Government Documents Cataloging) and has a total of 19 FTE, including 4 direct reports…”
“The Open Knowledge Librarian in the Copyright and Digital Scholarship Center:
- Develops programs, advocacy tools, and partnerships that facilitate and promote open and publicly engaged scholarship.
- Works closely with colleagues in Digital Library Initiatives and Research Collaboration, investigates and promotes digital technologies that support open practice across the research life-cycle and maximize the dissemination and impact of scholarship.
- Collaborates with faculty, staff, and students to support innovation in areas such as open education, digital scholarship, data management, data analysis, visualization, and digital humanities.
- Directs projects and initiatives to partner with researchers in the creation and management of research assets.
Participates in library planning, serves on library-wide committees, task forces, and teams…”
The Edwin Ginn Library at Tufts University is seeking a … librarian to join our team in providing research and instructional services for the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy.
Reporting to the Associate Director for Library Services, the person in this role will provide research support services to graduate students and faculty across a wide variety of subjects including studies in diplomacy, history, and politics, international law and organizations, economics and international business…
Additionally, this position serves as a liaison to the Masters in International Business (MIB) program and assists students and faculty with the discovery and use of business, economic, financial, and market research data.
“Purdue University Libraries seeks a Head of Metadata Services to oversee, develop, and provide stewardship of the Metadata Services unit in its provision of metadata and cataloging services for libraries’ resources. The Head will direct the goals and assignments of staff responsible for metadata creation and cataloging (MARC and non-MARC) in a variety of formats, including but not limited to print and electronic monographs and serials, maps, microform, audiovisual materials, and digital, special, and archival collections…”
The University of North Florida in Jacksonville, invites applications for the Electronic Resources Librarian…
The Electronic Resources Librarian works under the direction of the Head of Acquisitions and Collection Development in the Technical Services Department. The position works closely with several different areas of the library, including the Collection Development Committee, Head of Discovery Services, Head of Instruction, Head of Research & Faculty Outreach, and others to purchase, maintain, and manage the electronic resources of the library. The E-Resources Librarian functions as and develops expertise in library issues related to electronic resources. In addition, the incumbent assists in the acquisition of e-resources, collects and analyzes data and statistics, and facilitates the licensing of e-resources.
“The Serials Librarian is seeking applicants with an established record of scholarship in the field of library and information science with strong organizational and networking skills to recruit quality manuscripts and attract respected experts to the editorial board.
The responsibilities of this position include managing the peer review of 20-30 manuscripts per year, soliciting high-quality manuscripts from potential authors, and selecting a sufficient pool of reviewers and editorial board members to evaluate manuscripts while providing a clear vision for the direction of the journal as well as ensuring ethical standards are met for all submissions…”
This position is responsible for performing a number of duties, including administrative support. The Librarian II will have an advanced set of skills capable of supporting graduate and doctoral studies. This position requires a minimum of 3 years library experience in an academic environment and an ALA master’s degree in Library Science. This position requires weekend hours.
“The Electronic Resources Librarian is responsible for managing the Library’s online resources, which include: subscription databases, proxy server/OpenURL management, the Library’s Content Management System (CMS) presence, a variety of hosted systems/Web 2.0 initiatives and other digital systems and services. The Electronic Resources Librarian is responsible for managing the Library’s website. This position is responsible for ensuring reliable and effective access to the Library’s extensive collection of e-resources and managing related subscriptions and trials, renewals, and cancellations…”
- Manages, plans, and develops WPI library’s digital archives and institutional repository, including collections of faculty and student scholarship, digital cultural and data collections, digital exhibits, and digital publishing systems and services.
- Collaboratively determines user functions, interfaces, and services for digital archives and repositories, partnering closely with WPI’s Information Technology team and with WPI faculty and students.
- Works closely with other Library Services units and staff, including the Impact & Innovation Department, to integrate digital archives and repository systems into the library’s overall service offerings, from instruction to discovery to preservation and research.
- Leads and manages the execution of library services supported by digital repository and digital asset management systems and platforms managed by the library or managed in collaboration with Information Technology…”