The following plenary sessions will be available open access as a live streaming video feed (available at http://www.charlestonlibraryconference.com/video-live-stream/) during the 2016 Charleston Conference:
Thursday, November 3
*All times listed are Eastern.
8:30 – 9:15 am
- Welcome and Opening Remarks
- You Can’t Preserve What You Don’t Have – Or Can You? Libraries as Infrastructure for Perpetual Access to Intellectual Output. (Anja Smit, University Librarian, Utrecht University)
9:15 – 10:00 am
- Libraries as Convener, Enabler, Distributor, Advocate, and Archive in the Future Knowledge Economy (Jim Neal, University Librarian Emeritus, Columbia University)
10:00 – 10:10 am
*A recording of these sessions will be re-broadcast on Thursday afternoon beginning at 1:00 pm Eastern.
Friday, November 4
8:30 – 9:10 am
- Announcements and Opening Remarks
- Reimagining Our World At Planetary Scale: The Big Data Future Of Our Libraries (Kalev Leetaru, Senior Fellow, Center for Cyber & Homeland Security, Georgetown University)
9:10 – 9:55 am
- Hyde Park Debate – Resolved: APC-Funded Open Access is Antithetical to the Values of Librarianship (Rick Anderson, Associate Dean for Collections & Scholarly Communication, University of Utah; Michael Levine-Clark, Dean and Director, University of Denver Libraries; Alison Scott, Associate University Librarian for Collections & Scholarly Communication, University of California, Riverside)
9:55 – 10:00 am
10:20 – 11:20 am
- Charleston Fast Pitch Competition – See four finalists compete for two $2,500 prizes to further support the development and implementation of compelling library innovations.
*A recording of these sessions will be re-broadcast on Friday afternoon beginning at 1:00 pm Eastern.
Recorded video from these and other sessions will be made available on the Conference Website in January. See our full schedule of sessions at https://2016charlestonconference.sched.org/.