Research and Instruction Librarian (Tenure-Track Faculty)
Addlestone Library at the College of Charleston
The College of Charleston Libraries seeks an innovative, collaborative, and dynamic librarian who understands public services, information literacy instruction, and the changing technological environment in an academic library for the position of Research and Instruction Librarian in Addlestone Library. Reporting to the Head of Research & Instruction Services, the librarian in this position will deliver course-related instruction on and off campus; develop research guides and instructional materials; collaborate with academic departments as a library liaison to promote library collections and services, conduct student and faculty research consultations; and provide research assistance and instruction both face-to-face and online while developing an instructional designer’s ability to design and create pedagogically rich tools and experiences to enhance critical thinking, promote information literacy, and foster lifelong learning.
· Graduate degree in Library & Information Science (M.L.S. or equivalent) from an ALA-accredited program
· Strong public service orientation with an aptitude for providing online and face to face information literacy instruction and reference services in an academic library
· Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and instructional technology skills
· Commitment to professional development and the ability to meet the research, teaching, service, and professional competency requirements for tenure and promotion advancement
· Some evening and/or weekend work may be required
· Experience evaluating, selecting, and implementing instructional technologies in an academic library setting as well as knowledge of current issues and trends in pedagogy is preferred.
$46,000 – 48,000 annually
Review of applications will begin after September 2, 2016. Ideally, employment will begin by January 3, 2017. To apply, please upload a letter of application, curriculum vitae, teaching philosophy, and 3 professional references at http://jobs.cofc.edu/5160.
The College of Charleston is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or disability.
About the College of Charleston and the Libraries
Founded in 1770, the College of Charleston is a public liberal arts and sciences university located in the heart of Charleston, South Carolina. The College of Charleston serves approximately 10,000 undergraduates and 1,500 graduate/certificate seeking students with more than 100 majors and minors. In 2012, Charleston was ranked #1 City in the World by Condé Nast Traveler and 5th among U.S. mid-sized cities for jobs by Forbes Magazine.
The College of Charleston Libraries are comprised of the Marlene and Nathan Addlestone Library, the Avery Research Center for African American History and Culture, the John Rivers Communications Museum, the Marine Resources Library, and the North Campus Library. The combined annual budgets exceed $5.6 million with a staff of 20 librarians and archivists, 30 full time employees, and 35 student and temporary employees.
Director of Administrative Services
College of Charleston Library
Charleston SC 29424