- Steve Oberg*, Wheaton College
- Chris Bulock, California State University Northridge
- Betsy Appleton, St. Edward’s University
- Adolfo Tarango, University of California, San Diego
- *Angela Dresselhaus (East Carolina University) has been appointed to serve as Member-at-Large for 2016/17 in Steve Oberg’s place so he may assume the Vice President/President-Elect duties…
“Ms. Hudson-Ward’s vision for the college library system, broad professional experience and enthusiasm were unmatched in a very competitive pool of candidates,”
Associate Dean Pablo Mitchell, chair of the library director search committee, wrote in an email to the Review. “As library director, she is going to be a very important member of the College and the town of Oberlin.”
Hudson-Ward, who previously worked in library systems at Pennsylvania State University, West Chester University of Pennsylvania and Temple University— where she was an undergraduate— said she is excited to work with Oberlin’s current library staff to make enhancements to Oberlin’s system.
“My responsibility is really in leading, but in also co-creating a rich and dynamic environment upon which students, faculty and staff can perform at their highest level,” Hudson-Ward said.
The position includes being responsible for the four campus libraries — Mudd library, the Science Library, the Conservatory Library and the Clarence Ward Art Library — as well as overseeing technology integration, engagement with College archives and assistance with library-related outreach and education.