Professional Growth and Development Opportunities Sponsored by:
- Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL);
- Association of Research Libraries (ARL);
- Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP)
- Library Juice Academy
This webcast series, co-sponsored by the ACRL Value of Academic Libraries Committee, the Student Learning and Information Committee, and the ACRL Instruction Section, will explore the advantages and opportunities of learning analytics as a tool which uses student data to demonstrate library impact and to identify learning weaknesses. How can librarians initiate learning analytics initiatives on their campuses and contribute to existing collaborations? The first webcast will provide an introduction to learning analytics and an overview of important issues. The second event will focus on privacy issues and other ethical considerations as well as responsible practice, and the third webcast will include a panel of librarians who are successfully using learning analytics on their campuses.
- Webcast One: Learning Analytics and the Academic Library: The State of the Art and the Art of Connecting the Library with Campus Initiatives (March 29, 2016)
- Webcast Two: Privacy and the Online Classroom: Learning Analytics, Ethical Considerations, and Responsible Practice (April 14, 2016)
- Webcast Three: Moving Beyond Circulation and Gate Counts: Practical Applications of Learning Analytics (May 11, 2016)
- Travel Awards Available for Underrepresented Professionals to Attend 2016 Library Assessment Conference—Deadline May 2
The Association of Research Libraries (ARL) is offering 10 scholarships for individuals from historically underrepresented racial and ethnic groups to attend the 2016 Library Assessment Conference: Building Effective, Sustainable, Practical Assessment in Arlington, Virginia, on October 31–November 2, 2016. Each award will include conference registration and $1,000 to cover travel costs and/or workshop registration fees.
When: Tuesday 24 – Friday 27 May, 2016
Where: Senate House, University of London; Senate House Malet St, London, UK
The focus of QQML 2016 International Conference is on:
Exploring Trends and Challenges on Building the Future Libraries.
The ideal venue is in Senate House of University of London in the same place with the Central Library of the University and home library for the School of Advanced Study while an inspiring tour in Oxford Libraries and Museums is arranged…
Most of the classes listed below are four weeks in length, with a price of $175. We accept registrations through the first week of class (unless they are full).
Classes are taught asynchronously, so participants can do the work as their schedules allow.
Details on these courses are at http://libraryjuiceacademy.com/courses.php