PLOS is pleased to announce the appointment of a new Chief Executive Officer. Attracting one of publishing’s most inspiring leaders, PLOS has named Elizabeth Marincola as CEO, effective August 12, 2013. For the past 8 years Marincola served as President and CEO of Society for Science & the Public (SSP), an organization dedicated to advancing public understanding and appreciation of science, with an emphasis on high school students and teachers. SSP is also publisher of the Science News family of publications. Marincola served as the Executive Director of The American Society for Cell Biology from 1991-2005, and on the Board of PLOS from 2005-2011. Marincola received her undergraduate degree from Stanford University and her MBA from Stanford Graduate School of Business…
District Dispatch reports that “library advocate Mary Ann Bretzlauf, of Gurnee, Ill., received the American Library Association’s White House Conference on Library and Information Services Taskforce Award for her commitment to supporting national libraries.
Bretzlauf received the award during the association’s 39th Annual National Library Legislative Day in Washington, D.C. A strong and tireless advocate for libraries, Bretzlauf has served as the vice president of the Warren-Newport Public Library’s Board of Trustees for the past two years.
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on At Brunning – the Web Edition
- Ruth Lewis on ATG ” I Wonder” Wednesday: Does your library have policy protecting the privacy rights of those using its websites and other library services?
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways