The Clinical Librarian/Informationist will support the clinical programs in the College of Health Professions at the University of Akron, which includes the School of Nursing, the School of Nutrition/Dietetics, the School of Social Work, the School of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, and the Child Life Specialist Program. The Clinical Librarian/Informationist will create and implement faculty development and inter-professional development programs in the College of Health Professionals. Collaborating with faculty from the College, the librarian will develop and support modules utilizing multiple media formats and mobile technologies to instruct students in the process of implementing evidence-based practice in the clinical setting. These modules will be course-integrated and will build upon each other beginning with the sophomore year and moving through the academic career. The Clinical Librarian/Informationist will primarily work outside the Science & Technology Library in clinical and classroom settings and will build strong collaborative relationships with faculty in the College of Health Professionals. This is a tenure-track position; therefore the successful candidate will be required to meet the University of Akron Libraries’ criteria for promotion and tenure, which include conducting research, teaching, participating on library and university committees, and serving in professional organizations.
- MLS/MLIS from an ALA accredited school by position start date
- Demonstrated knowledge of electronic resources for research and reference services related to the disciplines of the UA College of Health Professions
- Demonstrated knowledge of current educational technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence-based practice
- Demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills
- Educational background or experience in providing instruction or support in learning management systems in general and Springboard/Desire2Learn in particular
- Educational background or experience in clinical settings
- Experience in creating and maintaining student-focused content in web-based and mobile environments
- Experience in independently initiating and maintaining programs, particularly in a cross-institutional setting…
Review of applicants will begin on May 15, 2013 and continue until the position is filled.
Applicants should complete the online application at: http://www.uakron.edu/jobs and submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae documenting education and relevant experience, and the names and e-mail addresses of three professional references.
Go to “My Career Tools” on the Careers home page and upload the required documents under the link “Cover Letters and Attachments”.
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with reference to the minimum and preferred qualifications. This is the information on which the initial review of materials will be based. A resume may be submitted but will not be accepted in place of any information requested on the application.
This is a 12 month-tenure track appointment. Included is a generous standard benefits package with 22 days vacation and support for professional development. A collective bargaining agreement is in place, with faculty represented by the Akron-AAUP.