- Coordinator of Collections – Auburn University (Search Extended)
…The Coordinator of Collections is responsible for leading and managing a program to provide a 21st century research library collection advancing transformative teaching, learning, and research at the University. Exercising collaborative leadership, the Coordinator is responsible for advising library and university faculty, and creating processes, programs, and projects for the Auburn University’s diverse and extensive print and licensed electronic collections. This position reports to the Associate Dean for Public Services/Head of Reference and Instruction Services.
- Provide leadership and coordination for collections-related projects and initiatives
- Provide guidance to enhance collection managers’ selection, collection development, and collection management capabilities and ensure that funds are well-managed
- Serve as an interface between collection managers and other library departments and units
- Work with the heads of Serials and Electronic Resources and Monographic Services to facilitate effective and appropriate use of all funds in the materials budget
- Develop programmatic capacity to assess collections and usage of both print and electronic resources
- Participate in data analysis to inform collections strategies and decisions
- Provide effective and consistent communications within the Libraries and with campus constituencies regarding the Libraries’ collections
- As appropriate, lead library participation in the collection related activities of the Network of Alabama Academic Libraries and represent the library for initiatives with the Association of Southeastern Research Libraries, the Association of Research Libraries, etc.
- Participate as subject liaison with faculty and students in at least one academic unit, and select information resources to support their instructional and research needs
- Provide reference services that may include some night and weekend hours…
SALARY/BENEFITS: Minimum salary of $54,025 for a Librarian II; $58,525 for a Librarian III, higher with experience. Rank will be commensurate with experience/qualifications. Benefits include 20 days vacation leave/12 days sick leave per year; participation in State Teachers’ Retirement System (mandatory); additional voluntary retirement plans available; health/life/disability insurance.
APPLICATION: Application review process began October 24, 2012 and has been extended until a qualified candidate is selected and recommended for appointment. Complete application must include letter of interest, resume, and the names, mail and e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers of three current references. The candidate selected for this position must be able to meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time appointment is scheduled to begin and continue working legally for the proposed term of employment.
APPLY TO: Dr. Bob Buchanan, Search Chair, Ralph Brown Draughon Library, 231 Mell Street, Auburn University, AL 36849-5606; e-mail: Library.Recruitment@auburn.edu.
The Indiana University of Pennsylvania Libraries seeks a professional library administrator for grant writing and development, and to lead their assessment program. Required qualifications include an ALA accredited Masters degree at time of appointment; three to five years professional experience in an academic library, development and grant writing experience; and experience in assessment, including knowledge of statistical software and assessment methodologies.
The Assistant Dean will serve as deputy to the Dean of Libraries in overall management. Primary responsibilities will include developing, implementing and monitoring a formal assessment program, including data collection and statistical analysis. A second major responsibility will be developing a library fundraising program that includes research and development, grant writing, grant management, and donor cultivation.
For a full job description and how to apply, visit http://www.iup.edu/employment. For full consideration, please submit application materials by April 5, 2013. Position will remain open until filled. IUP is a member of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education
Salary: $60,000 to $75,000. Apply for this job
- Interdisciplinary Humanities and Social Sciences Librarians (Two positions) – University of Colorado Boulder
The University of Colorado Boulder Libraries invites applications from… service-oriented professionals for the positions of Interdisciplinary Humanities Librarian and Interdisciplinary Social Sciences Librarian. Both are tenure-stream faculty positions reporting to the Director of Arts & Humanities or the Director of Social Sciences in the University Libraries, respectively. Duties include general and specialized reference in the social sciences and humanities; classroom teaching as part of an active library instruction program; outreach to campus groups or institutes across disciplinary boundaries; and selecting library materials in one or more possible areas, potentially including sociology, anthropology, mass communications, journalism, economics, linguistics, classics, religion, Jewish studies, film studies, Slavic studies, ethnic studies, women studies, or reference.
Significant parts of the responsibilities of this position are research and creative work and service in keeping with the tenure standards of the University of Colorado Boulder…
Appointment and Salary
The successful candidate will be appointed as a full-time (12 month), tenure-stream faculty member. Depending upon professional experience and demonstrated accomplishments in scholarly activity, creative work, and service, appointment may be at the senior instructor or assistant professor level. Benefits include 22 working days of vacation; 10 paid holidays; liberal sick leave; University group health care plan; group life insurance; TIAA/CREF retirement/annuity; and support for scholarly/professional activities. Tenured librarians are eligible for sabbatical leave.
Review of applications will begin April 22, 2013 and continue until the positions are filled. It is recommended that applications be submitted by this date in order to receive full consideration. Application must be made online at http://www.jobsatcu.com/postings/59156, and must include a letter of application specifically addressing qualifications for one or both positions; CV or resume; and names with postal addresses, email, and telephone numbers of three references. Questions may be directed to Dylan Wiersma, Search Coordinator, at Dylan.Wiersma@Colorado.EDU. The full position descriptions can be viewed at http://ucblibraries.colorado.edu/about/jobInterdisciplinaryLibrarians.htm…