The White Plains Daily Record reports that “the Dec. 3 issue of Publisher’s Weekly (PW) will feature a column by White Plains Library Director Brian Kenney, who is now a contributing editor and blogger for the magazine.
The former editorial director for Library Journal, School Library Journal and The Horn Book will begin writing a monthly column for PW exploring the relationship between publishers and libraries. He will also contribute blog posts, commentary and reports from library conferences.
The eight new members appointed by President Obama to IMLS’s National Museum and Library Services Board are:
- Charles Benton, chairman and CEO of the Benton Foundation
- Christie Pearson Brandau, retired state Llbrarian and adjunct professor at the School of Library and Information Management at Emporia State University
- Bert Castro, president and CEO of the Arizona Zoological Society/Phoenix Zoo
- Paula Gangopadhyay, chief learning officer at The Henry Ford
- Luis Herrera, city librarian of the San Francisco Public Library
- Dr. Eric J. Jolly, president of the Science Museum of Minnesota
- Susana Torruella Leval, director emerita of El Museo del Barrio
- Suzanne E. Thorin, dean of Libraries and University Librarian at Syracuse University
The Guardian reports that Robert Thomson “the Wall Street Journal managing editor will take post as Tom Mockridge steps down from UK publishing business…
Thomson “will run the new company from New York and a successor to Tom Mockridge who currently runs Rupert Murdoch’s UK publishing business will also be announced. News Corp announced overnight that Mockridge, who was parachuted in to succeed Rebekah Brooks as News International chief executive following the phone-hacking scandal, will be stepping down at the end of the year.