We learned yesterday that Lee Dirks, along with his wife Judy Lew and their driver, were tragically killed in a car accident while on vacation in Peru. As many of you know Lee was Director for Portfolio Strategy in Microsoft Research Connections and a frequent Charleston Conference contributor. He also served as an adviser with the University of Washington’s Information School. Remembrances and memorials are pouring in so we have provide a number of links below.
People have also started posting their condolences on Lee’s Facebook timeline and a web site has been created where additional information about the couple and details of a memorial service will be shared. There is also a section on the site where you may leave your favorite memory. Please visit: http://leeandjudy.wordpress.com/
- hindsl on v24 #3 ATG Interviews Mary Ann Liebert
- Robert Sparks on v24 #3 ATG Interviews Mary Ann Liebert
- tineke visser on ATG Star of the Week: Ann Lawson, EU Publisher Sales and Marketing Director, EBSCO Information Services
- Dale Osborne on ATG Star of the Week: Sarah Hoke, Collection Development Manager, Southeast U.S., YBP Library Services
- Matthew Thomas on Caught My Eye: Oxford University librarian is SACKED after students do the Harlem Shake