Today’s menu: Salem Press library blog awards; SHEDL signs agreement with Springer; and IGI Global offers new collection.
Today is the last day to nominate your favorite library blog for an award! Read all about this year’s contest in Salem’s Library Blog Center or simply make a nomination by emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use Salem’s Library Blog Directory to search for or browse library blogs by focus, type, or audience.
2012 nominees will be announced on Friday, June 8th. Also be sure to check out last year’s winners
“Springer and the Scottish Higher Education Digital Library Consortium (SHEDL) recently signed a … agreement for access to electronic journal subscriptions and eBooks on Springer’s platform SpringerLink. Every SHEDL member will now have access to an enormous database of content consisting of nearly 2,000 journals and over 40,000 eBooks. The license will run for a period of three years starting in 2012, and unlimited DRM free access will be given to all higher education institutions across Scotland…”
“IGI Global… is pleased to announce the release of its Electrical Engineering and Industrial Informatics collection. The Electrical Engineering and Industrial Informatics collection is a valuable set of 14 scholarly titles covering topics on industrial informatics, electrical engineering, nanotechnology, industrial engineering, wireless systems, and much more. These titles represent IGI Global’s exposure to the valuable use of technology in the fields of industrial and engineering systems.”
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on At Brunning – the Web Edition
- Ruth Lewis on ATG ” I Wonder” Wednesday: Does your library have policy protecting the privacy rights of those using its websites and other library services?
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways