Primary Purpose: Administer Collection Management department in a fully engaged, collegial environment and as part of the library management team.
- Administers all aspects of collection management services operations, including ordering, invoicing, cataloging, cataloging maintenance and electronic maintenance for collection material of all formats.
- Serves as bibliographer, including performing collection development and evaluation activities, to designated academic departments.
- Participates in professional activities, including membership on library and university committees and task forces, membership in professional groups, and attendance at professional meetings.
- Engages in research, creative work, or scholarly activity, as required for tenure-track faculty.
- Provides individual, classroom, and group instruction in library services and procedures, search strategies, and the use of information resources.
- Perform original cataloging as needed.
- As a member of the Librarys Administrative Council, participates in planning and goal setting for the Library, recommends and implements policies, and collaborates to strengthen, enhance, and facilitate library services.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/zkw6t9c
“The University of Colorado Boulder Libraries invites applications from and nominations of experienced, highly-motivated, and innovative professionals for the position of Associate Dean of Libraries. Reporting to the Dean of Libraries, the Associate Dean will play a critical role in continuing the evolution of a 21st century research library at the University. As a member of the Libraries Executive Committee and Management Team, the Associate Dean works collaboratively to articulate the vision and strategic direction of the Libraries. The Libraries underwent a significant reorganization in 2012. As a result, the organization is poised for transformational change in the provision of services, collections, and instruction as well as increased emphasis on the areas of data management, e-science, special collections and archives, digital collections, and scholarly communications. The Associate Director will play an important role in maintaining the momentum gained in the reorganization process by helping to move the Libraries forward in these areas…”
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. It is recommended that applications be submitted by July 31, 2012 in order to be given full consideration. Application must be made online at https://www.jobsatcu.com, referring to posting number 817896, and must include a letter of application specifically addressing qualifications for the position; CV or resume; and names with postal addresses, email, and telephone numbers of three references. Questions may be directed to Dylan Wiersma, Search Coordinator, at Dylan.Wiersma@colorado.edu.
“The University of Nevada Reno Libraries is seeking a … person to serve as Head of the Metadata and Cataloging Department (MCD). The successful candidate will exhibit the ability to plan, analyze, and solve problems creatively, flexibly, and resourcefully; possess a strong service orientation and interest in library users’ values and needs; be comfortable working both independently and collaboratively, taking initiative and following through effectively.
This leadership position will join the Technical Services Management team to provide creative,user-focused services. Primary responsibilities: supervise cataloging and processing of library information resources in all formats, assess metadata needs for digital projects, oversee maintenance of the Libraries’ Millennium Cataloging module, build successful teams and engage staff in a process of continual improvement of operations and services, and perform complex MARC cataloging for materials as needed…
Salary: $60s-$70s, DOE. This is an academic faculty, tenure-track position at Assistant Librarian rank…
Online applications accepted. To apply, go to https://www.unrsearch.com/postings/10961. Application deadline is July 11, 2012. AA/EEO. Women and under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.”
“The Corriher-Linn-Black Library at Catawba College seeks a … librarian to manage the library’s systems and provide vision and leadership in library technology planning and implementation. The goal of this position is to find innovative ways to use technology to provide patron access to library materials and services, improve library functions and workflows, integrate library materials and services with other curricular services on campus, and otherwise assist the library in fulfilling its mission of service to students and faculty…
The position is salaried, non-tenured, and reports directly to the Library Director…
Send a cover letter explaining your suitability for this position, three references, and curriculum vitae to Steve McKinzie, Library Director, Catawba College. email@example.com (Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.)”
“The University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UALR) invites applications for the position of Head of Acquisitions (R98111-01), a faculty appointment with rank leading to tenure. The successful candidate will provide leadership and expertise in all issues relating to the ordering and receipt of library materials, including: overseeing ordering and receiving of all library materials; processing payments and preparing appropriate reports and statistics; and closely monitoring budget allocation for materials. The position supervises 3 FTE staff…
To apply: submit a letter of application (reference R98111-01), summary of experience and career goals, a detailed resume and the names of three references to: Suzanne Martin, Director of Administrative Services, University of Arkansas at Little Rock, Ottenheimer Library, 2801 S. University, Little Rock, AR 72204. Electronic submissions are preferred at firstname.lastname@example.org include R98111-01 in the subject line or fax to: 501-569-8814. Official transcripts will be required at time of hire. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.”
- hindsl on v24 #3 ATG Interviews Mary Ann Liebert
- Robert Sparks on v24 #3 ATG Interviews Mary Ann Liebert
- tineke visser on ATG Star of the Week: Ann Lawson, EU Publisher Sales and Marketing Director, EBSCO Information Services
- Dale Osborne on ATG Star of the Week: Sarah Hoke, Collection Development Manager, Southeast U.S., YBP Library Services
- Matthew Thomas on Caught My Eye: Oxford University librarian is SACKED after students do the Harlem Shake