- We Should Open an eBookstore - Joe Wikert suggests that publishers i.e. the “Big Six”, the “Little guys” and “Everyone in between” get together and create an ebookstore.
- Dissertation for Sale: A Cautionary Tale – one man’s story about how his dissertation was hijacked and put on sale.
- Infographic Charts State Library Budget Cuts - these visuals bring home the damage that’s being done and why it matters.
- Making things of interest Discoverable, Referencable, Relatable, … observations from Lorcan Dempsey that are worth the read.
- At Meeting of University Presses, the Future Presses In - an insightful report by Jennifer Howard on the the annual meeting of the Association of American University Presses.
- Non-news is good news: The threat of the internet has forced magazines to get smarter – an article in The Economist that reports magazine publishers are adapting to “the new publishing landscape” with “a new sense of optimism.”
- An E-Reader Revolution for Africa? - a Wall Street Journal article from “the front lines of an effort to reinvent developing world literacy programs with technology.”
- Ryan on ATG Original: Occam’s Reader Project Tackles eBook ILL
- James Harper on ATG Original: Occam’s Reader Project Tackles eBook ILL
- Jenica on A Note from the Editor
- silentlibrarian on v25 #6 The Charleston Conference Continues – Getting to No: Calling for an End to Contention
- Mary Page on v25 #6 The Charleston Conference Continues – Getting to No: Calling for an End to Contention