- We Should Open an eBookstore - Joe Wikert suggests that publishers i.e. the “Big Six”, the “Little guys” and “Everyone in between” get together and create an ebookstore.
- Dissertation for Sale: A Cautionary Tale – one man’s story about how his dissertation was hijacked and put on sale.
- Infographic Charts State Library Budget Cuts - these visuals bring home the damage that’s being done and why it matters.
- Making things of interest Discoverable, Referencable, Relatable, … observations from Lorcan Dempsey that are worth the read.
- At Meeting of University Presses, the Future Presses In - an insightful report by Jennifer Howard on the the annual meeting of the Association of American University Presses.
- Non-news is good news: The threat of the internet has forced magazines to get smarter – an article in The Economist that reports magazine publishers are adapting to “the new publishing landscape” with “a new sense of optimism.”
- An E-Reader Revolution for Africa? - a Wall Street Journal article from “the front lines of an effort to reinvent developing world literacy programs with technology.”
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on Ptolomey’s Takeaways: Big data : 2014 the year I keep on tinkering?
- DennisBrunning on At Brunning – the Web Edition
- Ruth Lewis on ATG ” I Wonder” Wednesday: Does your library have policy protecting the privacy rights of those using its websites and other library services?
- Joanna Ptolomey on Ptolomey’s Takeaways