Born and Lived: Born- Shamokin, PA; Lived – PA, DE, MO, CO, WY, Victoria Australia, Alberta Canada, TX
Professional Career and Activities: Librarian at M D Anderson for 13 years.
Family: Husband, 3 children, 3 grandchildren
In My Spare Time: Reading, family activities, yard work, piano
Favorite Books: There are a lot. Some recent ones are Freedom (Franzen), Fall of Giants (Follet), The Girl Who Played With Fire (Larrson), South of Broad (Conroy), Without Warning (Birmingham), Winter Garden (Hannah), The Great Gatsby (Fitzgerald), Exile (Patterson)…
Pet Peeves: People who rush into an elevator without waiting for the people on it to get off.
Philosophy: Try everything you can.
Most Memorable Career Achievement: Many years ago, when digital was just becoming “the norm” we began using Prospero, Ariel and then ILLiad. This was very exciting at the time. I was head of Document Delivery then and our library was the first in the local area to use these tools.
Goal I Hope to Achieve Five Years from Now: I hope to be leading a department with satisfied, fulfilled employees.
How/Where I See the Industry in Five Years: I actually see the library as becoming totally digital. I don’t foresee print books disappearing in general but I do believe most libraries will eventually weed them out. Libraries are for sharing and sharing is much faster electronically. Today, most everyone seems busy and most everyone wants things fast.
- Ryan on ATG Original: Occam’s Reader Project Tackles eBook ILL
- James Harper on ATG Original: Occam’s Reader Project Tackles eBook ILL
- Jenica on A Note from the Editor
- silentlibrarian on v25 #6 The Charleston Conference Continues – Getting to No: Calling for an End to Contention
- Mary Page on v25 #6 The Charleston Conference Continues – Getting to No: Calling for an End to Contention